Mods on a CLS500 2006

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500, C230
Mods on a CLS500 2006

Hey guys,

I just purchased a black 2006 CLS500 with the AMG kit. Awesome vehicle! I've done research on this forum (great info) and just wanted to confirm some things.

Has anyone ever switched to dual exhaust tips and a carbon fibre diffuser? Eurorev sells the rear carbon fibre diffuser, and he was going to sell me the dual exhaust tips as well. Is it an easy install or would there be some fabrication? I'd rather not murder my factory bumpers I'm hoping it'll just be replacing the original diffuser, and just swapping into dual exhaust tips.

Also has anyone had the carbon fibre front lip from Eurorev? They want to sell it to me as a package.... but I'm hesitant because the vehicle might look funny if the front was even lower, and the side skirts and the rear stayed higher.

Since I'm a complete newb, any info or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys
Old 05-22-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by killercls
Hey guys,

I just purchased a black 2006 CLS500 with the AMG kit. Awesome vehicle! I've done research on this forum (great info) and just wanted to confirm some things.

Has anyone ever switched to dual exhaust tips and a carbon fibre diffuser? Eurorev sells the rear carbon fibre diffuser, and he was going to sell me the dual exhaust tips as well. Is it an easy install or would there be some fabrication? I'd rather not murder my factory bumpers I'm hoping it'll just be replacing the original diffuser, and just swapping into dual exhaust tips.

Also has anyone had the carbon fibre front lip from Eurorev? They want to sell it to me as a package.... but I'm hesitant because the vehicle might look funny if the front was even lower, and the side skirts and the rear stayed higher.

Since I'm a complete newb, any info or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Is funny. I actually called them the other day too. They wanted to sell it as a package which is cheaper. Research this forum.I heard the rear diffuser doesn't fit right, the front on other hand does. For the rear you will have to fabricate your bumper to fit the dual tips. I did mine you can search this forum for my posting and pictures. I might end up getting the front CF but i must paint it otherwise it does flow well with my car since mine is diamond white and it will look like it was added on and doesn't go with the rest of the car...if you have a black car then it will look good. Search the CLS forum here, someone had the CF lip for their cls from Eurorev.