CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

My Clay/Wax Saturday Adventure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
My Clay/Wax Saturday Adventure

I decided to get out and clay and wax the CLS. Never have clayed before, but keep hearing about how wonderful it is.

I used:

Meguiar's Clay Kit (Clay, detailer, and Meguair's Complete Care Towel)
Cleaner Wax
NXT Wax
Meguiar's Plastic X for headlights
Plexis to clean XPel Clear Bra, and side clear pieces.

When I first started claying from the hood, I could not believe how much dirt and debris that was pulled from the car. I ended up using one clay bar for the car.

The end results (note I had not used the Plexis on the side pieces yet):

Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 320 CDI
A friend of mine tried that, too. It was absolutely stunning - until he catched a tiny piece of sand into his clay. You cannot belive how he scratched his car before he noticed it. He went completely through the roof. He had to go to a professional to polish these scratches out... but it is still visible.
I would never, never do it on my car!

Nick
Old 07-06-2009, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Nick Name
A friend of mine tried that, too. It was absolutely stunning - until he catched a tiny piece of sand into his clay. You cannot belive how he scratched his car before he noticed it. He went completely through the roof. He had to go to a professional to polish these scratches out... but it is still visible.
I would never, never do it on my car!

Nick
Your friend should have watched the videos on Megaiurs website and read the instructions. You have to be sure that you knead the clay and it is smooth and free of contaminants as you work the car. Also, work from top to bottom as that is where most of the debris like that is.

Scratches suck, it happens.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 PM

2007 CLS 550 (Black)
My car's a CLS and here's my first detailing job. Check out the Meguiar forums for tips and tricks. My friend is a MEG fanboy and got me hooked on car detailing. I'm not a MEG fanboy but I use their stuff because I thought they are well known...also after I detailed my car with their products...I liked what I saw! I also discovered that their discussion forum is informative, friendly, and helpful! Research!Research!Research!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Originally Posted by Gabe007
My car's a CLS and here's my first detailing job. Check out the Meguiar forums for tips and tricks. My friend is a MEG fanboy and got me hooked on car detailing. I'm not a MEG fanboy but I use their stuff because I thought they are well known...also after I detailed my car with their products...I liked what I saw! I also discovered that their discussion forum is informative, friendly, and helpful! Research!Research!Research!
Another Calstar customer
Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 PM

2007 CLS 550 (Black)
Originally Posted by Roupin
Another Calstar customer
Correction: Another satisfied Calstar customer