CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Your opinion on painting chrome strip to black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 500
Your opinion on painting chrome strip to black

Your opinion on painting chrome strip to black..the one that runs on the rear on top of the license plate. My car is white and ill be painting the roof, front grill vents black to give it the black/white look...but I have been curious about the rear the chrome strip would you paint it black or leave it as is if you had a white CLS?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:21 PM

CLS 500
Here's a pix to represent what I'm talking about:

Old 10-29-2009, 06:03 PM

CLS 500
Paint it black, it'll look real nice~ there's a CLS in my apartment complex that's fully modded and he painted his car black just like the way you described as well as the chrome strip and also his spoiler. If I see it in the parking lot later I'll take a few pics and post em up for you.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:05 PM

CLS 500
Originally Posted by misterTRIGGER
Paint it black, it'll look real nice~ there's a CLS in my apartment complex that's fully modded and he painted his car black just like the way you described as well as the chrome strip and also his spoiler. If I see it in the parking lot later I'll take a few pics and post em up for you.
That would be great...I was able to find one picture the one i posted and it really doesn't do justice. I have my car in the shop where they are doing the work and I told my friend to do that part (Back chrome strip) last since I may change my mind. If you can take a pix bro and post here soon..I'll owe you!