CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

choices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009 | 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 500
Thumbs up choices

I wanna use a 3 piece rim,t with a nice lip, but I want the rim/spokes to be gunmetal like the color of my car, with a chrome lip. Should I keep looking for the right rim, or should I just Get these Asanti AF128 and see if I can find somebody to powdercoat them how I want. Everybody around here seem to think powdercoating is to difficult to do. Nor Cal, but I also live in So Cal,
holla if ya hear me please.
T
Old 11-24-2009 | 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by mayhem702
I wanna use a 3 piece rim,t with a nice lip, but I want the rim/spokes to be gunmetal like the color of my car, with a chrome lip. Should I keep looking for the right rim, or should I just Get these Asanti AF128 and see if I can find somebody to powdercoat them how I want. Everybody around here seem to think powdercoating is to difficult to do. Nor Cal, but I also live in So Cal,
T
Hi,

I'm helping my uncle sell his 20" BBS LMs that have a titanium type center finish. They look sweet and not as heavy as the Asantis. He's only asking $3500 with Tires. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 11-25-2009 | 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S 63
Powder coating is not difficult. You bake powder in the range of 450deg and this will ruin most seals so the wheels require dismounting, disassembling the wheel if multi piece, and reassembly and getting your tq settings right, and getting a good seal is the hard part.

We have powder gun in our sheet metal shop and powder daily but wheels are too much work for very little margin so we don't do them.

If your willing to bring in just the face of the wheel and the powder you want (can be purchased off Ebay for cheap) I would bet any shop would spray and bake for little money.
Old 11-27-2009 | 03:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Perfect Set for You.

Originally Posted by mayhem702
T
I'm getting rid of these. 3 piece Modulare M3 20x9 and 20x10. Tires are 85% - 90%. I have a different set on my car right now and just wanted to get rid of these. Let me know much you are willing to offer. I'm in Westlake.