CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

ABS, ESP & Tire Pressure Lights On

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 500
ABS, ESP & Tire Pressure Lights On

I just purchased a 2006 CLS from a reputable dealer that was CPO-1 Owner...etc, etc. Just outside of warranty 52,000 miles.Needless to say I LOVE HER. It's been magical owning and driving this beautiful work of art - HOWEVER...

Drove the car for 1 week and saw the following messages:

ABS Service, ESP Malfunction, Tire Pressure Sensor out - Visit Workshop

My local Mercedes dealer had the car for a week troubleshooting it and racking up a nice bill (as they tend to do). It appears the ABS Module has internal failure. Does this module affect the other areas that are showing error? Although the selling dealership is attempting to pay for the issues I wanted to know are these types of problems what I am heading for? I love the car but this is not starting out well at all. It drives well and handles superbly but if there is an approaching issue of not being able to STOP .....I may have to send her back after our one night stand.

I did purchase an extended warranty but to have it for such a short time and already have a week + change of shop time is not good imo. I searched the forum for ABS Module Q&A and did not see anything.

Any advice will be welcomed.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 PM

'20 CLS450; '14 CLA250; '14 Honda GX Natural Gas Powered
I wouldn't think this is the problem but I had a couple of what seemed unrelated warnings and the dealer found "rodent damage". The little buggers ate through some wires!
Good luck.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM

2007 Mercedes Benz CLS 550
I had the same problem, it was a wheel speed sensor and it all tied into the tranny...long story short, a wire frayed and I had all those warning lights on the dash.....800 later, all fixed.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:47 PM

06 Sl 65 AMG and CLS 350 AMG Sport pack
Could U please explained wire frayed ??? Cause I have the same problem as U Thx.