CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Please help my CLS drive me CRAZY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Sl 65 AMG and CLS 350 AMG Sport pack
Please help my CLS drive me CRAZY

Hi I friends I have a CLS C219 that have an electronic problem first the car won't start and i took it to dealer to get fix it cost me about $50 and they said is CAN distributor (cost about $15) problem the car works fine no error or fault till i drove about 10 mil and park the car to have some beer, when i try to start the it says please put in P or N and the car won't start after using keyless start button the start again with no problem. But now gear display on the dashboard is missing i couldn't see the gear but i do still have control on tiptronik meaning I still can shift Up and Down from the button on the steering wheels, try to bring it back to dealership but they can't find any fault and car works fine, Please help guys this car already drive me to the edge specially when it didn;t start .
Old 06-09-2010, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLS 550
Have the dealer check the following, not sure if this is it, but I had a similiar problem and it was a faulty "Valve Body 7G"

MY09 vehicles equipped with 722.9 transmission fitted with valve body A2202702306 & A2202702406 the software/hardware is not optimally matched causing delayed engagement of reverse gear.