steering wheel controls on 2006 cls500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls500
Unhappy steering wheel controls on 2006 cls500

Hi - I am new to the MBWorld forum.

My cls500 was fine until the recent date-change. Then - the date wouldn't change on the dash, no matter what I did with the steering wheel controls. Had to take it into the shop.

Next - the battery showed low, so changed that.

Then - the entire steering wheel control panel - which was working just fine after the shop visit - just died! Just like that!!!!

One of the posts says change the SCM (Steering Control Module). Don't know if that is what should be done? I am at a loss here, folks.

Your help and POV will be greatly appreciated. And if you are in the OC, happy to meet over a drink and get your G2 on what's to be done next.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500 AMG
Originally Posted by thecio
Hi - I am new to the MBWorld forum.

My cls500 was fine until the recent date-change. Then - the date wouldn't change on the dash, no matter what I did with the steering wheel controls. Had to take it into the shop.

Next - the battery showed low, so changed that.

Then - the entire steering wheel control panel - which was working just fine after the shop visit - just died! Just like that!!!!

One of the posts says change the SCM (Steering Control Module). Don't know if that is what should be done? I am at a loss here, folks.

Your help and POV will be greatly appreciated. And if you are in the OC, happy to meet over a drink and get your G2 on what's to be done next.

I have the same problem. Steering wheel controls were working fine - no problems - Battery light came on and said visit workshop. The Aux battery was low so they replaced it. Then, all the steering wheel controls stopped functioning. No horn, no shift paddles, no On Board Computer control or radio controls.

Please can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Greg
Siesta Key, FL
Old 07-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Dealer or independent will need to check for stored fault codes. SCM “may” have been damaged due to electro static discharge (ESD) requiring replacement to current module 1715451432 with improved ESD protection. Mention DTB P-B-46.10/27a, released for 211 but subject/resolve is applicable to 219.