Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:02 AM
EVI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLS350
Angry Command APS problem

Hi , I own a PI 2009 MB CLS.

Some weeks ago , "Command APS" start to have intermediate problem - it shut down and restart on it own... Send the car to C&C but was told that it can't be rectify except to change a complete new unit and I need to fork out S$12K to replace the unit as the warranty period have expired ( as the CLS is a PI car, C&C claimed it only have a warranty period of 2 years ).

Have anyone encounter such problem with the "Command APS "? this incident make me have second thought about the " quality " of a Mercedes and the design life of it component.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
WHAT!!!! We replace those all day long for an absolute fraction of that. They are very rare to break, but like all electronics...sh*t happens sometimes.

Go somewhere else, that dealer is trying to make payroll on your repair alone. That is the most ridiculous price I have ever heard.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550 2014
Originally Posted by EVI
Hi , I own a PI 2009 MB CLS.

Some weeks ago , "Command APS" start to have intermediate problem - it shut down and restart on it own... Send the car to C&C but was told that it can't be rectify except to change a complete new unit and I need to fork out S$12K to replace the unit as the warranty period have expired ( as the CLS is a PI car, C&C claimed it only have a warranty period of 2 years ).

Have anyone encounter such problem with the "Command APS "? this incident make me have second thought about the " quality " of a Mercedes and the design life of it component.

This adds to the poor quality rep of the CLS. and sounds like a good reason not to have one after the factory warranty ends!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
The CLS is an E Class in different clothes. The electronics are all identical. We find them to very reliable, compared to some other marques... just sayin