CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

CLS 350 crank problem..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 350 2004y
CLS 350 crank problem..

Hi all, im new to this forum.. i wish this wasnt my first post but i need help and some advicies from you guys.
I recently bought from original mb dealer cls 350 year 04,i understeand its not new from factory and can have problems but still this is mercedes not yugo. I drive it fine maybe 1 week and damn problems start happening.
Sometimes i drive half hour and stop somewhere.. and then car wont start it cranking.. i try more times no start. I leave it 30/40 minutes and try, it start again without problems i think when it get cold.
One time it happend fuel pump on monitor started blinking and car didnt feel gas and wanted to turn off. U could feel gas smell 10 meters away from car.
So in the service they changed some crankshift sensor..and 1 more part i not know to translate it.. i thought problem is gone,and same day i drive few hours without problems..stop on coffee and after 20 min not start cranking.. i leave it half hour and it work again. Car is in service now they say no errors on computer and trying to find out what problem is. They changing some other sensors and put new cam shafts to see will it work then,they took off and checked f.pump its totally OK.. I really not like this bullshi* bcz i payed with cash and im embarased when cls not start and all cars around work fine lol..in front of restaurant or somewhere.
I will try other service if they dont know to fix.. but if some of you had same issue or know what problem it could be write here, so i can at least tell these 'experts' to check with that.. THANK YOU ALL
Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
I had the same problem with mine, the sensor wire was damaged along with a bad crankshaft sensor.