New rims not in balance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 SL R129 and R 320 CDI W251
New rims not in balance

Hello,
I just bought new Vertini wheels for the CLS in 8,5 and 10x20. I have to use spacers with plastic center rings. I didn't get the wheels in balance, and took it to a tireshop to balance them. They noticed that the spacers didn't sit tight on the center of the brakedisk. You can move the spacer a little bit up and down. The dimension of the centerring should be correct (66,6 mm), but is clearly not. I found that the center on which the centerring should slide in on do not have the same diameter all the way. It's 66,6 mm the inner 4-5 mm, but approx 1 mm thinner the rest of the way out. The inner part of the centerring is cut 45 degrees, so I think thats the reason why they don't fit tight.
Anyone out there expreienced this, or have any tips?

Thanks in advance, regards;
Old 06-24-2011, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Send the wheels back

Originally Posted by MBNorway
Hello,
I just bought new Vertini wheels for the CLS in 8,5 and 10x20. I have to use spacers with plastic center rings. I didn't get the wheels in balance, and took it to a tireshop to balance them. They noticed that the spacers didn't sit tight on the center of the brakedisk. You can move the spacer a little bit up and down. The dimension of the centerring should be correct (66,6 mm), but is clearly not. I found that the center on which the centerring should slide in on do not have the same diameter all the way. It's 66,6 mm the inner 4-5 mm, but approx 1 mm thinner the rest of the way out. The inner part of the centerring is cut 45 degrees, so I think thats the reason why they don't fit tight.
Anyone out there expreienced this, or have any tips?

Thanks in advance, regards;
No offsets given on website bad sign who told you these bad boys would fit?

I had had similar problems with aftermarket wheels. The hucksters say they will fit because they are universal or need spacers or

Get your money back and use MB wheels.

Last edited by grane; 06-24-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^lol @ your hate on aftermarket wheels. Just because they are MB wheels does not mean they will fit his car correctly, especially if the offsets are off like in his case. For op, were the spacers specifically made for your cls? Are did they come with the wheels?