New 2012 CLS 550 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 550
New 2012 CLS 550 owner

Hi all,

Just purchased a new 2012 CLS 550 - Palladium Silver with Black interior. Loving the car so far!!

Would love to get some opinions on the Extended Warranty and Pre-paid maintenance. I was looking at the 7/75000 Extended Warranty and got them down to $3,000 for this. I held off on buying it with their commitment that if I called in tomorrow they would honor the price. What is the general consensus on the extended warranty and what the cost should be?

They also tried to pitch the pre-paid maintenance. I saw all the threads on here that showed the 3 year 30,000 mile maintenance plan at $769. Is this universal for all MB models, or does the price vary by model? I would expect some models would be more expensive to maintain than others. They wanted to charge me over $1,000 for the plan for my CLS and I held off again. Would love thoughts on this too.

Thanks in advance for the advice. I'm excited to be part of this community now.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
Congrats on the purchase!

I've never personally been a big fan of pre-paid maintenance since I do most stuff myself, but I'd go through the scheduled services and add up what the dealer charges would be and see if it makes sense. As for the extended warranty, I wouldn't even think about it until you;re towards the end of the factory warranty. You'll get a good understanding of whether your car is relatively problem free or if it's gonna be at the dealer every few months. You can buy the extended warranty all the up until your factory warranty expires. I'd hold off. A lot can change in a few years!!

Now post some pics!!