CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Replacing front Cup Holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Replacing front Cup Holder

The rings on the cupholder are all chipped up. Just recieved the part from the dealership but I have no idea how to remove the cup holder. I found some DIY online but these are wrong because my cup holder is not a flip out style. It just two cups. Has anyone replaced their cup holder and could help me do this.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w219...placement.html

I found this post but there is just now way. This is crazy I can't even figure out how to change a cup holder out. I bet the dealer calls for 2 hrs. These instructions are just too vague and confusing. If anyone has done this before it would be great if you could do a write up.

Last edited by Italiano731; 06-20-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 PM

Nobody has replaced a cup holder in there CLS>........Ahhhh ohhh gotta go to the dealer.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Push the button down to raise the cupholders up to raised position, then continue holding the button down and pull the whole piece out with your other hand. Once out, you can flip it over and see the little tabs on the back side. Using a small screw driver or something similar, push up on the little tabs.

Another thought, you may want to spray a couple coats of clear finish on the new ones before you install them. These rings are just junk, and constantly chip. MB should be embarrassed for using such cheap materials. I opted to have my old ones sprayed black.