CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Bolt-on headers for CLS 550?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLS 550
Question Bolt-on headers for CLS 550?

Is there such a thing available for the CLS? Kleemann lists one, but the local dealer says they don't fit - they're the ones for the W211 M273 and the CLS steering rack fitment is different. Here's the reply he got from Kleemann DK:
I'm speaking based on my 11 years of experience within the company. Every set I've sold required changes to make them fit- an issue people on [forum-name] may or may not be aware of since most members don't complete their own installations. If you're up for the challenge, I can surely get you a set, but because I know the issues, the sale will be final, regardless of how much labor is involved in making them fit properly, even if you have to spend 15 hours re-making them. They very likely will not require that much time to correct, but I don't stock them, nor do I sell them here because I know they don't fit 100%. These were originally designed on the W211 chassis (which the CLS shares), but the CLS steering rack location/geometry is different than the W211- just different enough to cause problems with steering shaft/header clearance.
I know I've seen a couple people post that they have Kleemann headers, and maybe some others as well. Did they just take a lot of modification to fit?

I'm looking for a bit more noise, and with the headers being cheaper than mufflers plus adding some HP I thought that would be the way to go.

Any suggestions?