MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLS Coupe (C219) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219-65/)
-   -   Parking Sensor Issue (https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219/477464-parking-sensor-issue.html)

MBsd 01-12-2013 02:05 AM

Parking Sensor Issue

My parking sensor on my 2009 CLS 550 seems to be acting up on some days. Starts to beep for no apparent reason when at slow speeds (approaching traffic lights, heavy traffic, etc). Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so, what was the problem?

thanks,

mschamberger 01-14-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by MBsd (Post 5502395)
My parking sensor on my 2009 CLS 550 seems to be acting up on some days. Starts to beep for no apparent reason when at slow speeds (approaching traffic lights, heavy traffic, etc). Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so, what was the problem?

thanks,

The only time I have issues is when the cars been outside at work and we have snow/sleet. Once sensor gets covered, it's useless until it's cleaned/thaws. That's my only bad experience. I've heard heavy was buildup (especially) in the crevices can cause false positives. Other than that, check the electrical connections.

MooF 01-14-2013 11:46 PM

Not sure where you are from MBsd, but during cold snowy months the sensors will act up. Make sure the bumper is free of snow.
Also, here in Canada we have mandatory front plates (in Ontario) and I found the front sensors to pick up the plate cover if not seated correctly.

The sensors will alarm when you drive below 20km/hr so that's why u hear it chime in traffic.
And lastly, you can always temporarily disable on your gear console.

MBsd 01-19-2013 12:49 PM

As an update, cleaning the sensor areas really well fixed the problem. Thanks for the input.

vvrjrlaw 05-24-2013 04:44 PM

My 2006 CLS 55 goes "nuts" when it gets hot outside. I park it in the garage and its fine but in the summer it beeps like crazy to the point where I shut it off.

CLSED550 05-24-2013 11:19 PM

Mine does the same. And when I go to dealer there is nothing they can do because obviously it's not doing it when i go to get it checked.

MooF 05-25-2013 06:46 AM

Good to know about the heat.. It's about to get humid and warm here in Toronto despite the fact it was a miserably long winter. And this will be my first summer with the CLS.

Elrond 06-05-2013 02:22 AM

Hi, I had the same issue last winter and the only cure is to clean the car every morning :(. Now it is going to an error after the rear bumper was resprayed, any idea why ? What will happened to a parking sensor if it gets paint on top of it ? Could it be that there is a lose connection somewhere and if yes, do you know where is the cable connection for the rear parking sensors.

E55AMG05 01-26-2014 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Elrond (Post 5669674)
Hi, I had the same issue last winter and the only cure is to clean the car every morning :(. Now it is going to an error after the rear bumper was resprayed, any idea why ? What will happened to a parking sensor if it gets paint on top of it ? Could it be that there is a lose connection somewhere and if yes, do you know where is the cable connection for the rear parking sensors.

COMON someone PLZ reply to this ^ I also want to know as well

TTMBCLS 06-15-2017 02:12 AM

does anybody know if you are a stop the sensor turns on? then when you drive it turns off?