2006 cls 500 audio ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 500
2006 cls 500 audio ?

Hi,
I just got a 06 cls 500 and I want to take the factory sound out of it and put some aftermarket speakers in the doors powered by an aftermarket amp and some subs in the trunk, I know the 7 series bmw needs a System Integration Digital Sound Processor does the cls 500 need the same thing? Or is it just like any other car? If it does whats the best processor for the cls? Plz post a link if you can.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 SL63 AMG
Unfortunately I don't think they make anything like that for the CLS system. Assuming you have the harmon kardon system then yes, you do have an optical signal between your head unit and your factory amp.

Your best bet may be replacing the factory head unit and amp setup. If that's not an option, then perhaps running a hi-lo converter on the output from the factory amp. That's pretty messy, though.

I just replaced my factory head unit, amp, and added a second amp and a pair of subs. I'm available for questions but not sure how much help I'll be. I haven't had much luck with audio questions on any MB boards. A few write-ups but that's all.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 PM

cls 500
Originally Posted by Xeno
Unfortunately I don't think they make anything like that for the CLS system. Assuming you have the harmon kardon system then yes, you do have an optical signal between your head unit and your factory amp.

Your best bet may be replacing the factory head unit and amp setup. If that's not an option, then perhaps running a hi-lo converter on the output from the factory amp. That's pretty messy, though.

I just replaced my factory head unit, amp, and added a second amp and a pair of subs. I'm available for questions but not sure how much help I'll be. I haven't had much luck with audio questions on any MB boards. A few write-ups but that's all.
thx for the quick response I want to keep the factory radio. I guess am gone take it to the shop and pay them to do it
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM

2014 CLS550 4MATIC MATTE WHITE / CLASSIC RED
Any custom audio shop can add a more watts amplifier, at least 4 x 75 watts! The factory speaker runs on 2 ohms!

I have the same set up with the factory radio with
2 kicker 12L7 sub in the rear
Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cls55
Its easy to do...

Cheapest way is speaker to RCA convertors (Hi-Lo convertors), these will simply connect to the speaker cables of the amp and give you a pair of RCAs to connect to your amp.

Best way is to use a processor, where all the speaker cables plug into, then give you upto 8 RCA outputs. The processor will also EQ, time align, phase shift, attenuate etc all the signals while you still keep your MB head unit