CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

New guy to the W219

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 E450
Question New guy to the W219

How ya doing guys. I am recent owner of a 2006 CLS500. Silver with black interior, 40k miles, one owner car. I come transplanted from the w208 (CLK55) world. I needed the extra room for my little girl. I Love this site and hope that this forum is as active as the CLK is/ was. Cheers!

After lurking for a few days I see that the CLS is not immune to some bugs too.

-Front speaker blown (ordered same).
-Chrome for cup holders flaking and broken- This really drives me crazy. It looks like, from what I have read, that I have to buy the whole cupholder. Ugh. Let me know if someone knows something different.
-I would like to get a tune for this car, does anyone know a reputable shop in the DFW or San Antonio, TX area?

See ya'll around.
John

Last edited by unlukky; 01-31-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: forgot signature
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS500
Welcome John. I had to buy the cup holder too. If you hold the release button the part with the chrome pulls right up and out so at least you dont have to pull the console apart to change the whole assembly. Some guys just strip the chrome off and paint it black. I think there is a post about it somewhere. Scott
Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
Originally Posted by dirtydog
Welcome John. I had to buy the cup holder too. If you hold the release button the part with the chrome pulls right up and out so at least you dont have to pull the console apart to change the whole assembly. Some guys just strip the chrome off and paint it black. I think there is a post about it somewhere. Scott
Anyone have the part number for the grey interior?