CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.
View Poll Results: Custom Rear Headrest Pillows?
Yes
28.57%
No
42.86%
Maybe, depending on cost
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Feeler - Custom designed headrest pillows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS500
Feeler - Custom designed headrest pillows

Hi folks,

So I was thinking of some ideas to make a longer journey in the back of the CLS a bit more special and comfortable.

Looking at the images of the new S-Class I really came to like the pillows on the rear headrests. Seeing them in person at a local dealer sealed the deal.

I am busy working on a concept pillow which can be affixed to the rear headrests. Something a little more up-market looking than the one in the s-class with added comfort features. Some ideas about the design:
  • Alcantara or suede material in matching color to the interior.
  • Multi-layered interior design utilising soft foams, hollow fibre and/or feather down filling.
  • Folding side bolsters (like the comfort headrests) utilising custom hinge design

I will add more details as the project progresses. There are many pillows out there, but they are cheap and nasty looking, so the idea here is to create something that fits with the status of the car. Each of these will be handcrafted, and some custom options might be considered (such as contrasting stitching or embroidery).

How many of you would be interested in this for your own cars?
Attached Thumbnails Feeler - Custom designed headrest pillows-2014-mercedes-benz-s500-long-review-2013-medium_75.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 01:58 PM

2006 CLS55 AMG
Nobody sits in the back of the Cls. I can barely get my kids back there. You'll end up with scoliosis if your stuck back there for more than 10 minutes. I don't think a pillow headrest is going to help!
Old 12-19-2013, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by AMGroach
Nobody sits in the back of the Cls. I can barely get my kids back there. You'll end up with scoliosis if your stuck back there for more than 10 minutes. I don't think a pillow headrest is going to help!
Honestly I don't think anybody ever set in my back seats. They are perfect condition. I mean brand new perfect. And I love them.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:45 PM

2007 CLS500
I have been driven in the back if mine and it was not bad at all. Much much better than the 645ci. The only thing was the headrest not being of much use...hence the idea of the pillow.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
lol who sits in the back off the CLS for chaffer driven …..you r better off replacing the car for an S instead of a cushion ….no use
Old 05-27-2015, 04:44 PM

Mercedes s class 2012
Mercedes headrest cushions

Hello dude
I am a chauffeur and drive my own Mercedes s class 2012 and after sitting in the new 2013 which comes the rear headrest cushions I feel I need these. Iv searched the Internet high and low iv not come across the exact ones I desire. If you do manage to happen to find these for a reasonable price please let me know by emailing me a.attwood84@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

Ashley