CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

slight lean at rear, NO leaks!?! pulling hair!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
slight lean at rear, NO leaks!?! pulling hair!

I know I know another airmatic thread. So a month or so ago took car to indie, he lowered car via star, very happy with results. A couple weeks ago I noticed a slight lean looking at the car from the ***. This is all the time. Confirmed with finger widths.

Drove the car more as I don't drive it very much. Nothing. Raised car up via console, while it looked like it was ready to climb mount lemon, looked almost level but still leaned.

Took car in for oil change, had them restore factory settings, checked for leaks, car is healthy, everything good. Now that it's back to stock height, it's not as obvious, but still have a f-ing lean. Checked and garage floor is level! this is minor, I mean I'mTalking probably 1/4 of an inch difference left vs right with right being higher. But front you could build a house of of. Back is like leaning tower of piza...ok not that bad but I can tell, and I'm not even that ****.

Is there something else that can be done? I suspect over inflation on the right side or underinflation on left, thing is with only one sensor in the back how can this be corrected? Can individual pressure be monitored/adjusted?

Last edited by donjuan45i; 08-13-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by donjuan45i
I know I know another airmatic thread. So a month or so ago took car to indie, he lowered car via star, very happy with results. A couple weeks ago I noticed a slight lean looking at the car from the ***. This is all the time. Confirmed with finger widths.

Drove the car more as I don't drive it very much. Nothing. Raised car up via console, while it looked like it was ready to climb mount lemon, looked almost level but still leaned.

Took car in for oil change, had them restore factory settings, checked for leaks, car is healthy, everything good. Now that it's back to stock height, it's not as obvious, but still have a f-ing lean. Checked and garage floor is level! this is minor, I mean I'mTalking probably 1/4 of an inch difference left vs right with right being higher. But front you could build a house of of. Back is like leaning tower of piza...ok not that bad but I can tell, and I'm not even that ****.

Is there something else that can be done? I suspect over inflation on the right side or underinflation on left, thing is with only one sensor in the back how can this be corrected? Can individual pressure be monitored/adjusted?

My car was does the same sometimes and it's very common for these cars.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
Any remedy? I want to get a lowering but I'm thinking it would probably keep the lean?

Would calibrating the ride height help?
Old 08-16-2014, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by donjuan45i
Any remedy? I want to get a lowering but I'm thinking it would probably keep the lean?

Would calibrating the ride height help?
Not really, mine just fixed itself I suppose.