CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Passenger side low beam out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500, 21" Interad Turismo Wheels, Renntech Lowering Module
Passenger side low beam out

Anyone know how to tell if i've got a problem with just the lamp or the module?

The OEM bulbs are ridiculously expensive so don't want to go out and buy a new one only to find it's the module.

Also, can anyone confirm if aftermarket bulbs are ok to use, or should I stick with OEM?
Old 08-26-2014, 04:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
W212 E250 BT 4M
Swap passenger and driver side modules to see if its a burned out bulb or bad module.
Aftermarket bulbs are fine. I purchased this
Amazon.com: MAXLUX HID Xenon Bulbs D2C (D2S/D2R) 5000K (1 Pair, Pure Star White): Automotive Amazon.com: MAXLUX HID Xenon Bulbs D2C (D2S/D2R) 5000K (1 Pair, Pure Star White): Automotive
for $30 on EBAY about 2 years ago and they still work great.
Use forum search and you will find the whole bunch of info regarding bulbs

PS i actually purchased 6000K-
Amazon.com: MAXLUX HID Xenon Bulbs D2C (D2S/D2R) 6000K (1 Pair, Diamond White): Automotive Amazon.com: MAXLUX HID Xenon Bulbs D2C (D2S/D2R) 6000K (1 Pair, Diamond White): Automotive

Last edited by GuestFromTampa; 08-26-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by GuestFromTampa
Swap passenger and driver side modules to see if its a burned out bulb or bad module.
Aftermarket bulbs are fine. I purchased this Amazon.com: MAXLUX HID Xenon Bulbs D2C (D2S/D2R) 5000K (1 Pair, Pure Star White): Automotive for $30 on EBAY about 2 years ago and they still work great.
Use forum search and you will find the whole bunch of info regarding bulbs

PS i actually purchased 6000K- Amazon.com: MAXLUX HID Xenon Bulbs D2C (D2S/D2R) 6000K (1 Pair, Diamond White): Automotive
Hey thanks for the feedback! Why didn't i think of that! DUH!

So with the 6000k bulb youre not getting any errors or messages? And on a side note, would you happen to know of foglights that would match the colour of the headlights? This is something i've been meaning to do so might as well now that I'm getting in there.

Thanks!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 AM

W212 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by 3FIFTY
Hey thanks for the feedback! Why didn't i think of that! DUH!

So with the 6000k bulb youre not getting any errors or messages? And on a side note, would you happen to know of foglights that would match the colour of the headlights? This is something i've been meaning to do so might as well now that I'm getting in there.

Thanks!!!
No error messages should appear, it is just a light bulb. You should get an error message when it burned out and only then. My fog lights are in AUTO mode where they only work when I make turns and only for 30 sec or so, therefore I never thought about it. However, from what I have heard it is not that easy to get to fog light bulbs, you need to remove some cover on the bottom and things like that …

Last edited by GuestFromTampa; 08-27-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:28 AM

No error messages should appear, it is just a light bulb. You should get an error message when it burned out and only then. My fog lights are in AUTO mode where they only work when I make turns and only for 30 sec or so, therefore I never thought about it. However, from what I have heard it is not that easy to get to fog light bulbs, you need to remove some cover on the bottom and things like that …
Ok cool, ya i just got the error that the bulb is out. So to confirm I need a D2S type HID bulb? Is there a specific wattage I should be using? I just want to make sure that 1) I'm getting the right size bulb and 2) I'm not getting the something too strong that's going to fry my wiring harness, which I've heard can happen.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:09 PM

W212 E250 BT 4M
D2S is the size that you need, however D2C and D2R will work just as well. I believe we need 35W bulbs . You can buy from Amazon same bulbs that bought couple years back. They are inexpensive and you wont be disappointed with the quality. Any D2S type bulb will work - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_...nid=1248859011
Old 09-24-2014, 10:13 AM

D2S is the size that you need, however D2C and D2R will work just as well. I believe we need 35W bulbs . You can buy from Amazon same bulbs that bought couple years back. They are inexpensive and you wont be disappointed with the quality. Any D2S type bulb will work - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_...nid=1248859011
Thanks, so it was just a bulb relpcement, couldn't get the attached link to ship to Canada so tried another source and found a 6K pair of HID's for $9!! The dealer wanted $80 EACH!!!! I don't know how mercedes can justify those kinds of prices, absolutely ridiculolus.