CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

CLS NO START ABS MALFUNCTION AND PUT IN PARK MSG

Old 09-26-2014, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 cls550
CLS NO START ABS MALFUNCTION AND PUT IN PARK MSG

2007 CLS550 STUCK IN PARK WONT START, DISPLAY WHEN TURNING KEY ON SAYS PUT VEHICLE IN PARK.-- IT IS ALREADY. ABS MALFUNCTION MSG ALSO. WITH SCANNER SHOWS ABS, IGNITION AND TRANSMISSION MODULES OFFLINE. IDEAS? DO THE IGNITION AND TRANSMISSION MUDULES RUN THRU THE ABS GATEWAY SO IF THAT IS OUT IT PREVENTS THE OTHER 2 FROM COMING ONLINE?
Old 10-11-2014, 05:31 PM

CLS500
hello my friend,
i had this problem and i was after i washed the car. the ECU i think toke a fast shower too hehehe. the water entered the fuse box below the bonnet and it burn. i replaced it with a used one after transferring the old data to the other ECU it work fine.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:02 PM

2007 cls550
mandatory first check

learned a valuable lesson with the above repair.... car wouldn't crank, shifter wouldnt move with key in on position, abs esp ebs etc lights flashing. when scanning codes it showed abs/ebs ign and airmatic suspension modules offline... couldnt even access those modules. told to check fuses -nothing told that if abs/ebs module bad ignition an suspension modules won't work. tried that -nope, shifter switch, ignition switch, wet ecu under hood nope, etc etc.... thanks to all for advice that i got emails from, even mercedes perplexed about problem. every code addressed none worked.... thinking i was asking a dumb question i asked if possible the communication gateway module under the dash might be the problem. since codes are read thru it etc but it itself doesn't give a code.
we unplugged it an wow car started right up and ran. replaced gateway, programmed new one, cleared codes and car running great, since the module is relatively cheap, when u have an inop system try unplugging the gateway first, could be the gateway itself not the indicated module is at fault.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:45 AM

w221 s300
Hi,
I am having similar problem as you. How do you access the gateway module? Which part of the dashboard is it located?

Originally Posted by jma318
learned a valuable lesson with the above repair.... car wouldn't crank, shifter wouldnt move with key in on position, abs esp ebs etc lights flashing. when scanning codes it showed abs/ebs ign and airmatic suspension modules offline... couldnt even access those modules. told to check fuses -nothing told that if abs/ebs module bad ignition an suspension modules won't work. tried that -nope, shifter switch, ignition switch, wet ecu under hood nope, etc etc.... thanks to all for advice that i got emails from, even mercedes perplexed about problem. every code addressed none worked.... thinking i was asking a dumb question i asked if possible the communication gateway module under the dash might be the problem. since codes are read thru it etc but it itself doesn't give a code.
we unplugged it an wow car started right up and ran. replaced gateway, programmed new one, cleared codes and car running great, since the module is relatively cheap, when u have an inop system try unplugging the gateway first, could be the gateway itself not the indicated module is at fault.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,414 Likes on 3,144 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by gimli
How do you access the gateway module? Which part of the dashboard is it located?
See here http://workshop-manuals.com/mercedes...on/page_14498/