Airmatic problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 02:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E220 CDI BlueTec
Airmatic problem

Hi

I got a CLS500 2006 witch is loosing air to rear suspension when parked for more than a few hours.
It gets so low that the warning comes on and it takes about 2 minutes to get the car ready.

Checked under the car and found what looks like a leak from the big hose that goes from the rear left suspension to a box ... (I know, not the best description but see picture)
Found that there was a little foam from the connection to this box.

It looks a little like the hose is not as far in on metal tube as it is on the right hand side.

Is this something that can be repaired easily or do I need to change the whole suspension?
Not sure if a regular hose clamp will hold and how much pressure it is in this hose.

Any ideas?

Old 05-19-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
if you aren't 100% sure, grab a spray bottle, fill it with water and just barely get it wet. just to make sure you see/feel air movement. if you do, see below:

I'd jack the car up (properly of course), then remove that clamp, they're more of a PITA than they are worth. Get yourself a normal hose clamp and put it in place. attempt to push the rubber hose deeper onto the metal inlet pipe and then tighten the clamp up nice and snug.

If you dont see any air movement from the water, we can confirm that you may not have a leak at that point. but you definitely do have a leak somewhere, I hope that it isnt on the air strut so that it isnt a costly fix for you.

hopefully that helps,
pete.