cls w219 facelift gearbox question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 320 cdi
cls w219 facelift gearbox question

hello guys,

first of all i am new to this forum and i am sorry if this is not the correct section to post my problem.
so here it goes.
this is not really a problem but its more of a question regarding the operation method of the 722.9 gearbox.
so, my car doesn´t have the M mode, it only has the c/s mode and the thing i am experiencing happens in both programs.
i have been used to drive manual transmition cars for the last 7 years before i purchased this mercedes cls 320 cdi (facelift version, used car). I usually use my gear lever to shift the gears up and down so on the panel it shows the current gear instead of displaying a "D" as of drive mode.
the thing is that when i drive normaly, everything works perfect for me but sometimes i have situations where i want to rapidly downshift through gears for more breaking power and when that happens, i try to downshift with the lever and what happens is that in the panel, the gear number keeps going down as i press the lever but the rpm's wont rise. its like the gearbox its not downshifting, instead it will keep the rpm's at roughly 1000. its the same or it feels the same as keeping the clutch pressed and braking at the same time on a manual transmition car.

i wonder if this is normal behavior or not, and if not, what can i do about it?

sorry if the english is bad.

thanks in advance

Edit: i haven't tryed reseting the TCU yet, you guys think it might help?

Last edited by fyaruny; 03-21-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 320 cdi
Anyone?