ClS 350 219 engine shaking after intake manifold replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Сls 350, 219
ClS 350 219 engine shaking after intake manifold replacement

Good day all!
Wonder if anyone got any clues why is my cls 350 RWD shaking while idling? In drive position tremor reduces a bit. When starting moving the car is perfectly fine.
I've got my intake manifold replaced along with the wires that lead to the ignition coils. Trying to fix that i've replaced the spark plugs and all engine mounts and the tremor became even more powerful. Have a nice day!
Old 04-17-2017, 07:57 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 CLS63 AMG
usually bad news.

Originally Posted by Gleb Ladisov
Good day all!
Wonder if anyone got any clues why is my cls 350 RWD shaking while idling? In drive position tremor reduces a bit. When starting moving the car is perfectly fine.
I've got my intake manifold replaced along with the wires that lead to the ignition coils. Trying to fix that i've replaced the spark plugs and all engine mounts and the tremor became even more powerful. Have a nice day!
A shaking motor at idle (and the shake goes away when you rev it up a bit) usually indicates a vacuum leak. If a wire or spark plug were bad, you'd still have the shaking at higher revs.

Don't let the problem go too long, because if it is a vacuum leak, it could be at the base of the throttle body, or it could be near an intake port. If it's near the intake, then one of your cylinders will be running lean. This isn't good.

A vacuum leak after a manifold replacement isn't all that rare. could be a misaligned gasket, or the manifold bolts may have been torqued incorrectly, or not to the right specs. Any way you look at it, the fault lies with the shop that did the work.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 E450
^ +1