CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Sprint Booster Version 2 vs. Version 3 (and if you question SB you are stupid)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Sprint Booster Version 2 vs. Version 3

The best thing you can do for your CLS is to add a Sprint Booster (SB).

It is very amusing to me all the negativity about SB on the internet, which is invariably someone who has not tried SB. People who criticize SB without actually having it on their car are stupid (yes- I am instigating :-))

Use SB on your CLS and it will blast forward much faster. The car simply feels much faster. Sure, SB does not in reality make the car faster, but so what.

Onto the purpose of this thread.

I have ran SB V2 on my 2 previous and current cars (2002 Lexus sc430, 2005 Mercedes c230, and current 2006 Mercedes CLS500)- with phenomenal results.

SB just came out with a Version 3. My goal is to get an even faster throttle response than V2. I emailed the company and they said V2 in race mode (red) is like V3 in race mode on setting "5".

Since SB V3 goes up to race mode "9", I hope to get an even stronger throttle response.

When I emailed the company, I also asked if I could return SB V3 if I didn't get the results I wanted and they said yes you can return BS V3 within 30 days if not completely satisfied.

In my case, "satisfied" would be a more aggressive throttle response from V3 compared to V2!!

Just took the plunge and spent $289 bones last night, and I will let you know what happens once I install!!!!

Last edited by LexBrett2; 06-22-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Was trying to *provoke* people to get a response, but no such luck I guess
Old 06-15-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
ah... Ok??
odd post but whatever floats the boat
Old 06-15-2017, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
There is so much controversy over the Sprint Booster, almost all coming from people who have never used it. Since I was planning to do a review of version 3, I assumed I would get people to critisize haha
Old 06-26-2017, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Just installed my Spring Booster Version 3! Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
-Version 3 definitely has a quicker throttle response in race mode "9" compared to race mode in Version 2.
-The more aggressive throttle response seems to change gearbox; shift are faster and more noticeable.
-Switch on Version 3 is cosmetically more appealing.
-More options on Version 3, including 9 modes in sport mode and race mode as well as valet mode.
-Version 3 is a lot more exciting than Version 2, since the throttle in so much quicker.

Cons:
-Version 3 is $100 more than Version 2.
-Version 3 is slightly more difficult in terms of using the buttons since there are so many options; Version 2 is either off, green, red red, whereas Version 3 has 18 modes plus valet.
-Driveability is effected, and for some the sensitive throttle may be a downfall. You have to keep your foot a little higher on the pedal, but not much higher. For me, the driveability has improved with Version 3 since it is so much more exciting to drive.
-Gas mileage seems to drop with Version 3 if you are in race mode 9, but you have 18 modes to choose from; those who are concerned with mpg have lots of flexibility.

Conclusion: I was skeptical about spending $300 for Version 3 when I was already happy with Version 2. It was hard to imagine anything better than Version 2, but Version 3 is really a lot better if you are a spirited driver.

Note: I have not addressed the efficacy of Sprint Booster in this review. Yes, it does work and it is amazing. Of the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent on mods in my lifetime (makes me want to puke), this little device is simply the best thing you can do for your car.

Comments/Questions/Criticisms welcomed!!