CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Black Flat Badge Replacement

Old 03-08-2018, 12:30 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Black Flat Badge Replacement

Hello all, I just recently ordered one of those overseas badges for my cls500 06' and while they look great they do not fit, it is about a couple centimeters too small as well as being off center. All that being said it still looks pretty good but I'd like one that fits. I recently got my factory one taken off in some parking lot and found out just how easy they are to remove when I talked to the dealer (it literally only takes a credit card and no damage was done to my car). I was looking to get one of these black wreath badges (possibly one that can lock from within the hood) that will actually fit and line up square. Does anyone know where to get em? The one I currently got was from ebay.. It seems like the cls in specific uses a different badge then most all other models (e class, s class etc.) it has two straight vertical hole slots.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:05 PM

2010 e550 coupe
So nobody here has tried or considered to put a flat black badge on their cls?
Old 03-14-2018, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by Dnasty
So nobody here has tried or considered to put a flat black badge on their cls?
Hey Buddy,
I did this same mod.
Used the black flat emblem and just stuck it on there.
Purchased from China, and it looks nice.
I didn't actually remove the entire emblem assembly, just stuck on the emblem instead.
Like you say, it is about a millimeter or so too small.
It looks good but I also wish I could find a perfect fit.
The blue mercedes badge does not match my black wheels!

Do you think this one on ebay would fit?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-W1...lanCQB&vxp=mtr

Last edited by LexBrett2; 03-14-2018 at 08:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dnasty (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 11:48 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by LexBrett2
Hey Buddy,
I did this same mod.
Used the black flat emblem and just stuck it on there.
Purchased from China, and it looks nice.
I didn't actually remove the entire emblem assembly, just stuck on the emblem instead.
Like you say, it is about a millimeter or so too small.
It looks good but I also wish I could find a perfect fit.
The blue mercedes badge does not match my black wheels!

Do you think this one on ebay would fit?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-W1...lanCQB&vxp=mtr

I think that may be exactly the one that will fit, the holes seem to line up straight from the picture and it seems universal. It also screws into the two holes to prevent theft. I can't really tell if the emblem sticks to the adapter or pops in with pins because they do not show the back... but it's worth a shot. All the ones i've seen are the staggered pins for the newer mercedes instead of the straight line like on our cars. Which one did you get for yours? Because I haven't found one that lines up straight and centers the benz logo.

Last edited by Dnasty; 03-14-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
I think that may be exactly the one that will fit, the holes seem to line up straight from the picture and it seems universal. It also screws into the two holes to prevent theft. I can't really tell if the emblem sticks to the adapter or pops in with pins because they do not show the back... but it's worth a shot. All the ones i've seen are the staggered pins for the newer mercedes instead of the straight line like on our cars. Which one did you get for yours? Because I haven't found one that lines up straight and centers the benz logo.
I think I got this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Mer...hZgYHi&vxp=mtr

Are you going to try the emblem I suggested?
If you do please let us know how it works out.
How did you remove the entire emblem from the hood??
I was going to try to remove it but it looked like a PITA
Old 03-15-2018, 06:28 PM

2010 e550 coupe
I think I got this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Mer...hZgYHi&vxp=mtr

Are you going to try the emblem I suggested?
If you do please let us know how it works out.
How did you remove the entire emblem from the hood??
I was going to try to remove it but it looked like a PITA
Yea that’s what I ordered originally it’s the same style for the new benzes so it won’t line up straight. Fortunately the thief who took mine did the hard work for me. So I just need to pop in the new one but it can be pried off with a credit card and some patience. It literally just pops off out two rubber grommets. It’s may no longer be useable after that though. Are you sure the one that was on your car is oem? I thought that was the only way you could remove the badge.

I ordered that emblem btw and will update when it arrives hopefully it all goes smooth.

Last edited by Dnasty; 03-16-2018 at 02:21 AM.
LexBrett2 (03-16-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550

Yea that’s what I ordered originally it’s the same style for the new benzes so it won’t line up straight. Fortunately the thief who took mine did the hard work for me. So I just need to pop in the new one but it can be pried off with a credit card and some patience. It literally just pops off out two rubber grommets. It’s may no longer be useable after that though. Are you sure the one that was on your car is oem? I thought that was the only way you could remove the badge.

I ordered that emblem btw and will update when it arrives hopefully it all goes smooth.
Did you get the black badge installed? How does it look and fit??
Old 04-03-2018, 11:25 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Not yet... typical ebay seller not being completely honest about where the products coming from and the delivery date.. but I should have it shortly and probably at a discount at this rate. I'll post it up once I put it on.
LexBrett2 (04-04-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 03:32 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Here it is and it looks great, it is an exact fit. I would say this is actually an improvement over the oem. The base is actual metal (not cheap plastic like the oem) and you secure it from underneath with two nuts that are included (if you have a thin long 8mm socket this should be easy for you) and then just stick the logo on the base. Also appears to be universal so it may work on the newer benzes as well as other models.
LexBrett2 (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 Mercedes E550
Amazing!

Here it is and it looks great, it is an exact fit. I would say this is actually an improvement over the oem. The base is actual metal (not cheap plastic like the oem) and you secure it from underneath with two nuts that are included (if you have a thin long 8mm socket this should be easy for you) and then just stick the logo on the base. Also appears to be universal so it may work on the newer benzes as well as other models.
Hey Buddy, thanks for the post your car looks amazing!
What ebay seller did you use?
In order to remove the oem badge, I think you mentioned to use a credit card or something to lift from the vehicle on top of the hood (as opposed to unclipping or unscrewing in w203 and other models)??
Old 04-17-2018, 10:15 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Hey Buddy, thanks for the post your car looks amazing!
What ebay seller did you use?
In order to remove the oem badge, I think you mentioned to use a credit card or something to lift from the vehicle on top of the hood (as opposed to unclipping or unscrewing in w203 and other models)??
Thanks man. To remove your existing badge (if it is oem) you can use any thin plastic pry tool doesn't have to be a credit card just something that can get underneath the badge and wont scratch your paint when trying to pull this thing off, it simply pops right off and is held in by two rubber grommets. If you pop your hood you can see the two holes. You may also be able to pop it up from underneath by pushing the grommets from underneath. The badge is different from the w211 and most other models in size and application, there are no bolts on the oem. The new part however does come with screws and nuts to secure it in which seems like the better idea in my opinion. Also I used the seller you linked me to in this thread, that was actually the only one I saw on ebay that would fit our cars. He ships from turkey I believe so it took a while but well worth the wait.
LexBrett2 (04-18-2018)