CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Upgrade my audio system this weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C250
Upgrade my audio system this weekend

So I have had my 2007 CLS550 for about 4 months now and was really tired of the Harmon Kardon factory system. Its just sucks.

I decided to go ahead and replace my head unit, door speakers, sub-woofer and amplifier this past weekend.

Head Unit - went with JVC KW-V830BT double DIN. This head unit is pretty sweet. Has a lot of features including Bluetooth, Andriod Auto, DVD Player, support for Pandora and Spotify. Has support for multiple phones on BT and separate audio zones that allows front passengers to listen to one source while rear passengers listen/watch a second source simultaneously. Also has many options for tailoring the sound in your car (probably more than I will ever need). Thought about going with wireless Android Auto so I wouldn't have to connect USB for this feature, but decided it wasn't worth the extra $200 since I am always charging my phone in the car anyway.

Door Speakers - Went with (4ohms) JL Audio 6.5 C2650 component speakers in the front doors and C2-650 X coaxials in the rear doors

Subwoofer - Add 12" JL Audio 12W3v3-2. 1,000W Peak, 500 RMS

Amplifier - JL Audio 5 channel amp RD900/5 - 4 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan. + 250 watts x 1 chan. 2 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan. + 500

Overall impression - Really pleased with all the features of the JVC. The Android Auto is great and allows full voice command to place calls or play music through Google assistant. Also integrates with Tune In Radio Apps which has tons of free radio choices for news/music. Sound quality from door speaker is pretty good, but I am still fiddling with different controls to get optimal sound. However, not happy with subwoofer. Not sure if power is turned up correctly on Amp, or if box is not big enough, but not getting as much bass as I thought I would. Going back to installer today to have them check it. Will update this thread once that's done.

Will try to post some pic/video later.
The following 2 users liked this post by antonrowe1:
nicecls (07-07-2018), pride355 (01-20-2019)