Bluetooth sound issues on calls CLS W219

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB CLK270 CDI 2003
Bluetooth sound issues on calls CLS W219

Hey Guys.

I have an issues with my 2008 CLS W219's bluetooth. It as a factory fitted Command NTG 2.5 fitted with the built in bluetooth for calls. When I bought the car it worked flawlessly and everything was great. I then got a MB meAdaptor from a dealer and after this when on called the sound would keep cutting out, but if I put the call on speaker it would be fine or if I disconnected it from the adaptor then it would also be fine. I finally decided to stop using the adaptor as calls are more important to me. However recently the same problem has started even without the adaptor fitted. If the car is not started it works fine but as soon as I start the car the audio starts to break up. I had a look in the engineering menu on the Command and saw that there was a noise reduction option which was enabled and I wonder if this is what is causing the issues but I can't turn it off. Does anybody have any idea what the issue might be or how I could go about finding out the issue as calls are completely rendered useless in the car and I am forced to use speaker phone instead. Also I have a phone cradle connector in the armrest. Why would this be fitted if the Command has bluetooth built in?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.