CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Newbie Storing 06 CLS for cold Canadian Winter

Old 11-16-2018, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 500
Newbie Storing 06 CLS for cold Canadian Winter

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased my first Benz ever however I plan on parking it for the winter as we get lots of snow and it’s not the ideal ride. Any recommendations?

I was told to disconnect the aux battery and main battery (in trunk) as it gets really cold here and there’s a risk of it freezing? Will this cause any issues to the computer, etc?

Also my rear air suspension sags when parked (may be slight leak in air bag) if I park it like this will this cause any issues?

Any other suggestions? Unfortunately I don’t have a garage so she’ll be outside under a cover.

All advice/suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Looking Fwd to Joining this family!!
Old 11-20-2018, 03:10 PM

2006 CLS 500
Anybody?!? lol
Old 02-05-2019, 01:51 PM

W219 320CDI
Buy winter tyres and a heating system and drive it. Actually works great in snow except recently it has snowed so much here in finland so id rather not drive it in snow since its relatively low. Also if you decide to do that the windows tend to freeze ofcourse so they might not always open or close back all the way after opening the door.
I'm also a newbie so i wouldnt take my word for this but what i would do is store the both batteries warm inside and every other week or so recharge them and let the car run for a while. Probably not a good idea if its really cold. Also i think you should get the air suspension checked out before standing it in the snow if theres a leak couldnt it get moisture in and that wouldnt be good for the long run im guessing. Hope you get things figured out.