CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Airmatic fuse keeps blowing up after front air strut replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 (W211)
Airmatic fuse keeps blowing up after front air strut replacement

I have a leak on the driver side front air strut. I bought a new one and did the DIY myself to replace it. The first thing was I removed the relay locates at the front fuse box. I didn’t remove the battery. After I changed the strut, I plugged everything back on and the car will not pump up. The 4 shocks where down with the sign “Vehicle too low”. Well it first says “vehicle raising wait” but nothing happens.
Don’t know what else to do so I took it to a nearby mechanic who told me the Airmatic fuse was blown and when he puts another fuse, that one blown as well. He’s suggestion was I need a new air compressor. I’m not really satisfy with that diagnosis because the air compressor was working fine before I removed the air strut and put a new one in.
What else can cause this problem? One thing I noticed was when I was replacing the relay, the seat for the relay dropped down a bit. It was hard for my big hand to reach so I guess I pressed it in a bit hard.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 (W211)
Fixed. Apparently the compressor is the issue blowing the fuse. Changed the compressor and it’s fine.