DIY bi-xenon lens replacement.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 05:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 350 w219
DIY bi-xenon lens replacement.

Long hours of hands on work and brain storming. After getting fault codes on curve elimination and height adjustment and with the advice given by konigstiger on regarding chafed wiring, I decided to take out the lamps and split the housing apart to get a good look on the inside. I was quite shocked as the wires were losing its sleeves and all of them are starting to crack and it's starting to expose which might be the reason on the system shorting out. The car had poor lighting as well, with the light on u cant see a damn thing on the road. So I decide to replace the lens and sleeves for the wiring, after 2 weeks of research I decided to get the morimoto e55 hella retrofit lens(mind it, it's not direct replacement as they have mentioned it requires minimal amount of modification on the angle plates) and tubing sleeves to replace. Total cost 700 Malaysian ringgits includes products shipping and tax and 9 hours of work cut out. The pictures are attached with this threads hopefully people will get a vague idea on how is going and need to be done. == being a doctor myself, I felt like I was operating on a person, and btw this is the first time I have done this. Second project is due soon waiting for xb 35 ballast and light replacement to arrive, damn when ordering thru Ebay try not to go by global shipping program its takes freaking 2 weeks to get the product here and I paid a hefty price for the program regardless with or without tax the amount is the same. According to TRS their product should work without throwing off codes, if not I have ordered the overrides as well. I'm using the same wattage ballast 35watt.