CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

The Complete w211/w219 Android Head Unit Research Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 05:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 1996 SL500, 2004 E400 4Matic Wagon
Originally Posted by baris41
I forgot to attach picture of the Fakra cable i meant, sorry, (see bottom of the screen)

3. Yes sir exactly what i meant, sorry for my poor explanation. They want me to hook number 2 connector, but i couldn't find somewhere to connect it. (see bottom of the screen)

4. Would you check these 3 videos, i believe i made the right connections, still got nothing, when i try to back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxHns415baM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cssN8qpVd_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nk6fV1qCHw

What year and model is your vehicle? What is the aftermarket head unit you have?

1. Your last photo shows a Fakra connector but I'm not sure what that is for. The radio antenna connector in my car was attached to the amp. It was either a yellow or black Fakra connector. I disconnected it from the amp, attached an extension and ran the extension to the front and plugged it into the head unit.

3. Based on the wire colors for connector #2, my guess is it's the harness for speaker wires. However, your phone audio is coming out over the car speakers so I assume you have a fiber optic decoder that is converting input from the head unit to fiber optic signals for the amp? I'm not sure what could be causing this. Verify you have FRONT L+R outputs from the head unit connected to the fiber optic decoder.

4. It looks like you have a wireless backup camera transmitter/receiver? I had a wired backup camera installation so my connections might not apply to your case:
  • The camera power wire was tapped into the rear backup light and not directly into the battery.
  • The other end of the power wire was then connected to the Reverse wire of the head unit harness. Putting the car into reverse would power the camera on AND signal the head unit to switch to the backup camera input.
    • I'm not sure if I had to do this second step or if the head unit got the reverse signal from CANBus. In any case I had to do it when I installed an aftermarket head unit on my SL500 and my daughter's Kia Sorento. But again, they were all wired backup cameras.
RC
Old 03-19-2021, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sergey84
Thank you man!!!

I have few quick questions:

1) I have a CD changer. Will it be OK if I don't unplug it? And instead using a loop connector I just keep my CD-changer fiber-optics connector in place?
2) Cigarette lighter switched power wire is it wthite/red wire like on the picture, right? There is also solid brown and white/blue wire.
3) Do you have buttons illumination in your XTRONS unit? I see they tap to another wire on the cigarette lighter to obtain illumination. Is it white/blue wire?
4) Do you think using stock radio antenna is much better than using XTRONS? I guess E-Class and CLS may have more than 1 stock antenna.
5) I have GPS in my car. I guess I may have to run similar GPS wire from XTRONS to the amp or wherever it should go. Do you think this is what I need in my case? https://www.amazon.com/Vehicle-Anten.../dp/B077YC878F

Thank you!
1. I'm not sure what the answer to this is. I took my CD changer out and put a pocket insert in hoping to get a secret storage area. It was useless because the door won't open anymore. I say try it and then use the loop if it doesn't work.
2. I'm sorry I can't recall what the color was. It might have been the red wire. Only way to be sure is with a multi meter or one of those probes with a light.
3. I have button illumination in the XTRONS unit. I didn't have to make any specific connections for the illumination. The signal to turn on illumination might come from CANBus. I believe the extra wire on the harness adapter is for cars that don't have CANBus and need to connect to a signal wire so the unit knows when the illumination should be turned on or off (for example with the headlight switch)
4. I think it would be better to use the stock antenna because, at least on the W211, there is a radio antenna signal booster between the radio antenna and the amp. However, the head unit might have this built in too. I'm not sure. To be honest, I chose to use the stock radio antenna and stock GPS antenna so I didn't have to run the wires for the XTRONS antennas and have them visible in or on the car.
5. The one I got was this:
Amazon Amazon
. It specifically mentions GPS for MB so I think that's why I chose it. The one in your link looks slightly different on one end but I think is the same. They also sell FAKRA splitters if you want to have the GPS signal going to both the stock NAV unit AND the head unit. That said, I use CarPlay all the time and so I probably really didn't need to connect the GPS antenna to the XTRONS head unit at all. However, it did work because I used the Google Maps and Waze apps installed on the XTRONS unit before I bought my Apple CarPlay dongle. I had to tether the head unit WiFi to my phone hotspot so it could download maps on the fly though.

RC

Last edited by rbc3az; 03-19-2021 at 06:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sergey84 (03-20-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 02:23 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
W140, CLS55, SL65
Originally Posted by rbc3az
1. I'm not sure what the answer to this is. I took my CD changer out and put a pocket insert in hoping to get a secret storage area. It was useless because the door won't open anymore. I say try it and then use the loop if it doesn't work.
2. I'm sorry I can't recall what the color was. It might have been the red wire. Only way to be sure is with a multi meter or one of those probes with a light.
3. I have button illumination in the XTRONS unit. I didn't have to make any specific connections for the illumination. The signal to turn on illumination might come from CANBus. I believe the extra wire on the harness adapter is for cars that don't have CANBus and need to connect to a signal wire so the unit knows when the illumination should be turned on or off (for example with the headlight switch)
4. I think it would be better to use the stock antenna because, at least on the W211, there is a radio antenna signal booster between the radio antenna and the amp. However, the head unit might have this built in too. I'm not sure. To be honest, I chose to use the stock radio antenna and stock GPS antenna so I didn't have to run the wires for the XTRONS antennas and have them visible in or on the car.
5. The one I got was this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It specifically mentions GPS for MB so I think that's why I chose it. The one in your link looks slightly different on one end but I think is the same. They also sell FAKRA splitters if you want to have the GPS signal going to both the stock NAV unit AND the head unit. That said, I use CarPlay all the time and so I probably really didn't need to connect the GPS antenna to the XTRONS head unit at all. However, it did work because I used the Google Maps and Waze apps installed on the XTRONS unit before I bought my Apple CarPlay dongle. I had to tether the head unit WiFi to my phone hotspot so it could download maps on the fly though.

RC
Thank you for this information! I really appreciate it!! BTW I already found out that cigarette lighter white/red wire is the power wire.

I got another quick question - If I want to use my factory GPS antenna should I extend (via an adapter or extension cable) the factory GPS cable (that is by default connected to a navigation DVD player) and connect it to my XTRONS head unit, right?
Old 03-20-2021, 12:01 PM

I got another quick question - If I want to use my factory GPS antenna should I extend (via an adapter or extension cable) the factory GPS cable (that is by default connected to a navigation DVD player) and connect it to my XTRONS head unit, right?
That's correct. You can use an extension cable and run the wire to the head unit. My car didn't have the navigation DVD unit and so I had to add the antenna splitter which you won't need. I ran the GPS antenna extension, a radio antenna extension, and backup camera cable from the trunk to the XTRONS head unit.

Last edited by rbc3az; 03-20-2021 at 04:10 PM.
Sergey84 (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 02:31 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
07' E63
I’m getting ready to install a 3-way speaker setup with Stereo Integrity TM65 mkiii up front along with SI M3 Carbon Mids in Valticar-Stuttgart A-Pillar Pods, Focal Tweeters in the sails and Focal 2-way 6.5” in the rear doors all paired with 2 Gladen ( 5+4 channel ) Amps with 1 channel feeding the Subwoofer in my 2007 E63. Since my subwoofer may be dual-voice coil I have to figure out how to wire both from one channel? That one channel carries 350 watts so I hope I can find a solution!

I was interested in swapping out the HU, but I just can’t get past giving up the 5 CD Player! I always buy CD’s after listing to LIVE Bands, and my car is where I dig listening to such music on road trips! Don’t get me wrong, I use Pandora, Spotify, Tidal when listening to music while working on my car in the garage and yes, it would be great to incorporate that use into the loop of the car stereo, but not by giving up CD’s. Moreover, having a better Nav setup would be cool too, but my iPad setup with a mount between the passenger seat and center console should suffice! As for using the iPhone/iPad music Apps, I guess my only option is to use that plug-in Amazon product to be used in-line with the 3.5mm connection in the glove compartment that was mention earlier on this thread??
Old 03-21-2021, 05:12 PM

W140, CLS55, SL65
I ran the GPS antenna extension, a radio antenna extension, and backup camera cable from the trunk to the XTRONS head unit.
Oh, thank you!!

First I need to make sure my XTRONS unit works and then I'll think about other stuff like radio and GPS.

Regarding camera. It's a nice useful thing. Not sure if I need it now. Ideally I'd like to have a 360 camera system like they have in 2014+ Benzes. But just front and rear cameras would be great as well.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:18 PM

Oh, thank you!!

First I need to make sure my XTRONS unit works and then I'll think about other stuff like radio and GPS.

Regarding camera. It's a nice useful thing. Not sure if I need it now. Ideally I'd like to have a 360 camera system like they have in 2014+ Benzes. But just front and rear cameras would be great as well.
If you're planning to run cables for the antennas from back to front, I suggest also running a wire for the backup camera cable at the same time so you don't have to pull panels and run wiring again. I have a 360 degree camera system also (
Amazon Amazon
) but only have the rear and front cameras installed. The cameras are super wide angle so for now I get a fisheye backup view. and front camera view. I have to calibrate the system when the side cameras are installed.

Knowing that I was going to get the specific 360 degree cam system linked above, I purchased and ran this extension for the backup camera:
Amazon Amazon
. I also ran a single wire to extend the backup camera trigger wire but I don't think I ended up needing this.

If you get this 360 cam system, some of the instructions I wrote before don't apply or need to be modified.
1. The trigger wire for the rear camera is connected to the backup light wires (in trunk). While I haven't installed the side cameras, their trigger wires will eventually be connected to the corresponding left and right turn signals.
2. The cam system itself has a trigger wire that should be connected to the reverse signal trigger wire of the XTRONS head unit. The cam system will use this trigger wire to switch the head unit to the "backup" cam display when either the backup lights come on, the left turn signal is activated, or the right turn signal is activated. The cam system will send the correct back/side image. BTW the XTRONS head unit mutes the audio or lowers the volume when it goes into reverse mode. Kind of annoying You would have to go into factory settings to change this.
3. It was kind of tricky to configure the 360 system options but I have it so that the system is always on (manufacturer said this was fine and it has been so far). I then split the video cable from the cam system with an RCA splitter. One split goes to the backup camera input of the XTRONS head unit. This covers the backup light and left/right turn signal scenarios. The other split goes to the front facing camera of the head unit. I then programmed a panel button on the XTRONS to switch to the front camera on-demand. It shows the bird's eye view and front camera. I use this when trying to pull forward into tight spaces or when trying not to hit a parking block or some other object in front.

RC

Last edited by rbc3az; 03-22-2021 at 01:11 AM.
Sergey84 (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 12:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
w211 e350 4MATIC
What year and model is your vehicle? What is the aftermarket head unit you have?

1. Your last photo shows a Fakra connector but I'm not sure what that is for. The radio antenna connector in my car was attached to the amp. It was either a yellow or black Fakra connector. I disconnected it from the amp, attached an extension and ran the extension to the front and plugged it into the head unit.

3. Based on the wire colors for connector #2, my guess is it's the harness for speaker wires. However, your phone audio is coming out over the car speakers so I assume you have a fiber optic decoder that is converting input from the head unit to fiber optic signals for the amp? I'm not sure what could be causing this. Verify you have FRONT L+R outputs from the head unit connected to the fiber optic decoder.

4. It looks like you have a wireless backup camera transmitter/receiver? I had a wired backup camera installation so my connections might not apply to your case:
  • The camera power wire was tapped into the rear backup light and not directly into the battery.
  • The other end of the power wire was then connected to the Reverse wire of the head unit harness. Putting the car into reverse would power the camera on AND signal the head unit to switch to the backup camera input.
    • I'm not sure if I had to do this second step or if the head unit got the reverse signal from CANBus. In any case I had to do it when I installed an aftermarket head unit on my SL500 and my daughter's Kia Sorento. But again, they were all wired backup cameras.
RC
It's '07 e350 4 Matic Canada version. Head unit is AVIN.

This is the backside photo of my OEM head unit. Car doesn't have a fakra or a separate speaker connection.

They send me MOST interface, it's already connected, fiber cable goes into the MOST box, but as i mentioned, no sound on speakers (except phone calls)

I tried almost all cables to run back up camera, they don't seem to work. Does yellow cable indicates positive in the taillights? I connect cameras red cable to taillight yellow cable and black to taillight ground (brown) cable. Isn't this the proper connection?

Old 03-22-2021, 01:54 AM

W140, CLS55, SL65
If you're planning to run cables for the antennas from back to front, I suggest also running a wire for the backup camera cable at the same time so you don't have to pull panels and run wiring again. I have a 360 degree camera system also (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but only have the rear and front cameras installed. The cameras are super wide angle so for now I get a fisheye backup view. and front camera view. I have to calibrate the system when the side cameras are installed.

Knowing that I was going to get the specific 360 degree cam system linked above, I purchased and ran this extension for the backup camera: https://www.amazon.com/Backup-Camera...3R281RZ1X5J2FM. I also ran a single wire to extend the backup camera trigger wire but I don't think I ended up needing this.

If you get this 360 cam system, some of the instructions I wrote before don't apply or need to be modified.
1. The trigger wire for the rear camera is connected to the backup light wires (in trunk). While I haven't installed the side cameras, their trigger wires will eventually be connected to the corresponding left and right turn signals.
2. The cam system itself has a trigger wire that should be connected to the reverse signal trigger wire of the XTRONS head unit. The cam system will use this trigger wire to switch the head unit to the "backup" cam display when either the backup lights come on, the left turn signal is activated, or the right turn signal is activated. The cam system will send the correct back/side image. BTW the XTRONS head unit mutes the audio or lowers the volume when it goes into reverse mode. Kind of annoying You would have to go into factory settings to change this.
3. It was kind of tricky to configure the 360 system options but I have it so that the system is always on (manufacturer said this was fine and it has been so far). I then split the video cable from the cam system with an RCA splitter. One split goes to the backup camera input of the XTRONS head unit. This covers the backup light and left/right turn signal scenarios. The other split goes to the front facing camera of the head unit. I then programmed a panel button on the XTRONS to switch to the front camera on-demand. It shows the bird's eye view and front camera. I use this when trying to pull forward into tight spaces or when trying not to hit a parking block or some other object in front.

RC
Thank you for all this info!!!! Honestly, it's hard to process it or memorize it until I actually start working on cameras. I agree that it's better to run wire for a backup camera beforehand.

I wonder if XTRONS understands 360 camera setup including bird view screen or do you need to install a dedicated app for 360 camera system?
Old 03-22-2021, 02:03 AM

Thank you for all this info!!!! Honestly, it's hard to process it or memorize it until I actually start working on cameras. I agree that it's better to run wire for a backup camera beforehand.

I wonder if XTRONS understands 360 camera setup including bird view screen or do you need to install a dedicated app for 360 camera system?
No problem. Yeah it's a lot. I've been struggling to remember what I did back when I installed all of it in 2019. Last week I hit some freeway debris and my 03 E500 is probably going to be totaled. If I decide to get another W211, I'll have these posts for documentation. Maybe when I do it again I'll take video :-)

XTRONS doesn't need an app. The 360 camera system I linked in my previous reply does all the processing, stitching, and adjusting. It basically just sends the 360 video and active camera view in a single "split screen" video. There are some videos of it in action on the Amazon product page. I'm sure there are others like the system I installed or an updated version of it.
Sergey84 (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 02:18 AM

W140, CLS55, SL65
No problem. Yeah it's a lot. I've been struggling to remember what I did back when I installed all of it in 2019. Last week I hit some freeway debris and my 03 E500 is probably going to be totaled. If I decide to get another W211, I'll have these posts for documentation. Maybe when I do it again I'll take video :-)

XTRONS doesn't need an app. The 360 camera system I linked in my previous reply does all the processing, stitching, and adjusting. It basically just sends the 360 video and active camera view in a single "split screen" video. There are some videos of it in action on the Amazon product page. I'm sure there are others like the system I installed or an updated version of it.
Now I got it! Thank you for clarification!!

BYW did you drill holes in the side mirrors for side cameras or did you buy pre-drilled side mirrors (if they exist)?

PS: I'm sorry for your E500 loss. I hope it can be fixed or if it's going to be totalled I wish you to get a nice replacement asap!
Old 03-22-2021, 02:58 AM

It's '07 e350 4 Matic Canada version. Head unit is AVIN.

This is the backside photo of my OEM head unit. Car doesn't have a fakra or a separate speaker connection.

They send me MOST interface, it's already connected, fiber cable goes into the MOST box, but as i mentioned, no sound on speakers (except phone calls)

I tried almost all cables to run back up camera, they don't seem to work. Does yellow cable indicates positive in the taillights? I connect cameras red cable to taillight yellow cable and black to taillight ground (brown) cable. Isn't this the proper connection?

The FAKRA connector I was referring to is NOT connected to the OEM head unit that your AVIN will be replacing. The FAKRA radio connector is connected to the factory amplifier which is in the trunk of the car. You will need to disconnect it from the amplifier, then use an extension to run it to the AVIN unit in front. You won't have to do this at all if you connect an aftermarket radio antenna to your AVIN (your AVIN probably came with one?).

Make sure it's the FRONT L and R output of the AVIN that is connected to the MOST fiber optic decoder. I remember reading that this could cause issues if the wrong outputs are connected. Other than that, there might be an AVIN head unit setting.

Unfortunately, it's been two years since I did my installation and I can no longer remember the color of the wires for the backup light. I tapped into the backup light wire to power my backup camera. I did use one of these testers to find the wire:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by rbc3az; 03-22-2021 at 03:13 AM.
Sergey84 (03-22-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 09:35 PM

w211 e350 4MATIC
The FAKRA connector I was referring to is NOT connected to the OEM head unit that your AVIN will be replacing. The FAKRA radio connector is connected to the factory amplifier which is in the trunk of the car. You will need to disconnect it from the amplifier, then use an extension to run it to the AVIN unit in front. You won't have to do this at all if you connect an aftermarket radio antenna to your AVIN (your AVIN probably came with one?).

Make sure it's the FRONT L and R output of the AVIN that is connected to the MOST fiber optic decoder. I remember reading that this could cause issues if the wrong outputs are connected. Other than that, there might be an AVIN head unit setting.

Unfortunately, it's been two years since I did my installation and I can no longer remember the color of the wires for the backup light. I tapped into the backup light wire to power my backup camera. I did use one of these testers to find the wire: https://www.amazon.com/OctagonStar-C...%2C221&sr=8-11

You're trying your best. Thank you for that. They send me a new cable works better than the previous, i now got audio on speakers, i can stream music to the unit, but cant receive calls through speakers. They receive my voice, so mic is working, but i don't receive incoming voice, any idea? I also have this issue; when i turn off the car and turn on in the first 10-15 seconds, it does restart itself repeatedly (see on the youtube link). The odd thing is, if i wait 3-4 min after turning off the car, it won't make this problem???
Unfortunately, they didn't send me radio antenna, what kind of antenna should i use, it doesnt look like a fakra connection to me?

Last edited by baris41; 03-23-2021 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:45 PM

W140, CLS55, SL65
Fellas, my Xtrons doesn't offer an Android Auto option. Please recommend a wireless Android Auto dongle. I see there is an AAWireless on indiegogo. Currently the earliest shipping date is June 2021. Please let me know if you have a nice and reliable wireless Android Auto dongle. I need to know the available options. Thank you.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:01 PM

You're trying your best. Thank you for that. They send me a new cable works better than the previous, i now got audio on speakers, i can stream music to the unit, but cant receive calls through speakers. They receive my voice, so mic is working, but i don't receive incoming voice, any idea? I also have this issue; when i turn off the car and turn on in the first 10-15 seconds, it does restart itself repeatedly (see on the youtube link). The odd thing is, if i wait 3-4 min after turning off the car, it won't make this problem???
Unfortunately, they didn't send me radio antenna, what kind of antenna should i use, it doesnt look like a fakra connection to me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36e4Hu7Cifc
Glad to hear that you at least have music coming through. The phone audio not coming through still sounds like an issue with the FRONT RCA output from the head unit not connected to the MOST fiber optic decoder. However, I am totally guessing here.

The rebooting cycle is odd. I didn't experience this. There might be some wiring/short circuit issue? But also old MBs have some mystery electrical gremlins and it could be that.

That Radio antenna input looks just like the one on my XTRONS head unit. If I recall correctly, the female FAKRA connector will lock onto the lower circle.
baris41 (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 06:12 PM

w211 e350 4MATIC
Glad to hear that you at least have music coming through. The phone audio not coming through still sounds like an issue with the FRONT RCA output from the head unit not connected to the MOST fiber optic decoder. However, I am totally guessing here.

The rebooting cycle is odd. I didn't experience this. There might be some wiring/short circuit issue? But also old MBs have some mystery electrical gremlins and it could be that.

That Radio antenna input looks just like the one on my XTRONS head unit. If I recall correctly, the female FAKRA connector will lock onto the lower circle.
Thanks my friend, i believe there is a problem with these AVIN units, some people also faced similar problems on BMW's, i will return it and possibly buy a XTRONS unit. Problems doesn't end there, i hope, i won't lose my mind. I just try to hook up my old head unit and it's not working, no life at all. Cd changer motorized trim doesn't move either. Any idea?

Old 03-30-2021, 04:30 PM

It could possibly be a short or wiring issue. If the OEM head unit won't power up then the CD changer compartment door won't open. That door will open only if the OEM head unit responds to a canbus signal.
baris41 (04-04-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 10:28 PM

w211 e350 4MATIC
Hey guys,

As you can see in the youtube video, AVIN head unit rebooting itself without a reason. This problem generally occurs on the navigation screen, it reboots itself and keeps rebooting until I unplug the head unit. It does this from time to time. Is there any chance navi app might increase the load? If i increase the capacity of the fuse, would it help? What do you think might be reason?

Last edited by baris41; 04-22-2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:58 AM
rbm

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2008 E300 4MATIC
Software corruption possibly. Can you reload the system to factory state?
baris41 (05-02-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 02:27 PM

W140, CLS55, SL65
Can it overheat? I know systems with PX5 chip can overheat under load when they didn't install extra radiators for better cooling.
baris41 (05-02-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB CLS 55 AMG
Hello
I like so much the HU research thread but there is one important question and it must be explain with DIY, the question is How can we adjust the clock with stars for those who has stars program like me
I do apreciate all your effort to explaine almost evrything about the HU but in the end it will not look good to have 8 oclock AM when it is 5 PM .
thank you guys for all kind of future help about this problem.
Mercedes CLS55 AMG 2006
Old 05-05-2021, 09:22 PM

W140, CLS55, SL65
Originally Posted by Hamadi
Hello
I like so much the HU research thread but there is one important question and it must be explain with DIY, the question is How can we adjust the clock with stars for those who has stars program like me
I do apreciate all your effort to explaine almost evrything about the HU but in the end it will not look good to have 8 oclock AM when it is 5 PM .
thank you guys for all kind of future help about this problem.
Mercedes CLS55 AMG 2006
Hey,

I recently learned that adjusting clock is pretty easy without STAR. Everything done via steering wheel.
1) First go to Time and Date settings.
2) Change "sync time with head unit" setting to NO. By default it's set to YES and we should change it to NO.
3) Go to next screen, enter the right time. Stay in the same screen. Don't go to the next screen where you can change date. Press and hold reset pin till clock starts rotating.
4) Wait till clock stops rotating and enjoy.

You don't need to have stock head unit in place in order to perform this process. Just use steering wheel buttons and reset pin.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sergey84:
bobgodd (05-05-2021), Hamadi (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB CLS 55 AMG
Hi!
thank you so much to bring somehelp, its a Nice and easy method for those who has the time setting in the cluster menu and maybe for those who still have the original mercedes head unit too, but unfortunatly for me and maybe few others we dont have the time setting in the menu of the cluster. And I hurd to bring the menu of time setting back to the cluster we need to desactivate time synchronizing from the setting of the head unit that is missing in my case I mean the HU.
so the only solution in my case is to fix or add the time setting by STAR and code the cluster menu.
thanks for any help in advance.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:18 PM

W140, CLS55, SL65
Originally Posted by Hamadi
Hi!
thank you so much to bring somehelp, its a Nice and easy method for those who has the time setting in the cluster menu and maybe for those who still have the original mercedes head unit too, but unfortunatly for me and maybe few others we dont have the time setting in the menu of the cluster. And I hurd to bring the menu of time setting back to the cluster we need to desactivate time synchronizing from the setting of the head unit that is missing in my case I mean the HU.
so the only solution in my case is to fix or add the time setting by STAR and code the cluster menu.
thanks for any help in advance.
It's strange you don't have such option. I have 2006 CLS55 AMG and literally 2 days ago I was able to adjust time using steering wheel and reset pin. But anyway I'd be interested in learning how to do it with STAR since I have STAR too.
Hamadi (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 08:44 PM

W140, CLS55, SL65
I made a quick video about adjusting the clock. I hope it helps:

The following 2 users liked this post by Sergey84:
Hamadi (05-07-2021), KEN42N (08-03-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Complete w211/w219 Android Head Unit Research Thread