CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

The Complete w211/w219 Android Head Unit Research Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB CLS 55 AMG
Thanks so much for the video it might help alot but not in my case, because I dont have the time/date in my setting menu and thats why using STAR is my only way to adjust the time.
The following users liked this post:
Sergey84 (05-07-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213
Hi,
I am pretty new on this forum, so I apologize if breaking some rules here, unintentionally.
My wife doesn't want to give up to her beloved W211 V6, however a sort of upgrade would be more then welcome. I am thinking to replace the OEM Comand NTG1 with some Android head unit. To understand the conversion procedure I was reading tons of threads on the internet, but no one says what happens with the functions of the instrument cluster after the upgrade. I mean the GPS related functions (turn left, turn right..), will they still be available?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Old 11-30-2022, 04:35 AM

W211 E270 CDI
I've recently and successfully installed android unit on my W211, but I've noticed one thing that really bothers me. The decoder only had 2 RCA cables and when I'm playing music, it seems that all the audio is coming from the front end of the vehicle only. If I use the balance/fader settings and adjust the sound towards the back, the volume keeps decreasing until it reaches the very end of the fader and at the same time the sound goes completely silent. Could it be that the 2 RCA connections makes my audio play in the front only? At first, I've thought that it's only front heavy, until I started messing with the balance/fading. The balance works as it should by the way.

Last edited by TomasGrn; 11-30-2022 at 04:40 AM.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:46 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
i have heard only front speakers will work

which is why i have been toughing out my "very realiable" comand unit =)

Old 11-30-2022, 10:47 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
Originally Posted by lucianteodor
Hi,
I am pretty new on this forum, so I apologize if breaking some rules here, unintentionally.
My wife doesn't want to give up to her beloved W211 V6, however a sort of upgrade would be more then welcome. I am thinking to replace the OEM Comand NTG1 with some Android head unit. To understand the conversion procedure I was reading tons of threads on the internet, but no one says what happens with the functions of the instrument cluster after the upgrade. I mean the GPS related functions (turn left, turn right..), will they still be available?
Thanks a lot for your help!

you loose alot of this and even if feature "there" it may not work
Old 03-01-2023, 03:08 PM

W219, CLS320, 2009
Apologies for reviving an old thread!

I want to upgrade my NTG 2.5 with HK to an Android headunit without cutting any wires and have as much factory features possible. I'll be getting this unit, the 8/128GB version to be exact. I've also stumbled upon this Dynavin product which, at least from my research, is the best product in terms of compatibility with our cars. It's awesome for people like me who don't have the Time/Date menu in the instrument cluster as it gives us control to the IC's time setting, plus it has options for controlling the amp, fader, etc. From what I get, it is completely plug & play as it gets power from the headunit unlike the other optical decoders which come with naked wires for the 12V and GND. Please correect me if I'm wrong!

Before I start buying everything, I have a few questions:
1. I would like to use my car's factory GPS antena and would like to ask if an adapter like this one would work?
2. Same goes for radio. Is there any adapter I can use to connect the headunit to the car's factory radio antenna?
3. My car has the Linguatronic lever on the right of the steering wheel. Does anyone know if the Android headunit will pick up control for it? Would be nice to set up some custom controls with it but I can live without it
4. What are the cables in the circle used for?

Old 06-28-2023, 01:01 AM

04 mercedes-benz e320 4matic
Originally Posted by Rory Pamphilon
Does anybody know if there is a universal way to restart and/or turn off an android head unit from within the android menus itself?

I'm not entirely convinced my android head unit is shutting down when i press the power button on the head unit because when i power it up again it goes straight back to where it was, no loading screen, no boot up. literally screen is showing exactly what was on it when i turned it off.
anybody still on this post
Old 08-29-2023, 09:14 PM

2010 CLS550
I've upgraded my CLS 550 2010 NTG 2.5 with HK AMP and a Sat/HD Radio unit to a Dynavin D8. Everything works great besides the FM radio. I can't seem to be able to find the factory FAKRA antenna coming from the FM/AM radio amplifier in the C pillar nor the actual SDAR unit. Any hints on where it is located in the trunk (presumably) would be much appreciated. I found a FAKRA plug in the rear side driver side panel in the trunk, but I believe that is the antenna for the keyless entry rather than the radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2024, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes E350 sedan
I basically screwed up now help

I actually did months and months of research to plan out the best possible system for my 2008 E350 W211. I will go into detail next reply thread but the sorry journey I went through to get to this point today is a whole other disaster movie. At this moment I have sitting in my den waiting to install is everything I messed up by purchasing with a full knowledge of quality items I wanted but failed completely as far as function goes. Thought I had it all planned out, and so far not a single item is going to work as expected. Last thing purchased was first mistake to install. Looking back I had asked what size were the speakers that were on the side of the subwoofer on my rear shelf. Simple question I looked everywhere and found plenty of pictures and offers and wire harness everything you can imagine except on simple answer I needed and I checked here, there, amazon, aliexpress, sonic electronix, crutchfield, no one had this answer they all told me the one thing I didn't need to know. I have a 10 inch Harmon Kardine subwoofer on my rear shelf . The sub sits in a plastic shroud with 2 satellite speakers on it's side. Even the description for the many pictures and for sale of the whole sub system wires and whole assembly all said 10 inch sub with speakers it was a secrete that no one knew. What is the size of these speakers? I needed to make a move, no one to help so F' it they look like 3.5 inch mids so That s what I ordered Pioneers 100 watt rms. Purchased but not fit. The sub I researched and knew it was trouble because the OEM sub was a paper cone slim 10 inch sub encased in a metal cage from the trunk. No other sub was going to fit in the same space as the oem so I figure a cutting I can make this fit. My god I have a novel to write for just this part and I'm leaving out some details that are just too stupid to mention. Months of research to find a sub and I decide on a 10 inch kenwood XM1041WL , and seeing how all subs should be basically the same I I order it based on the minimum description from Sonix. Well this sub has a permanent grill that does not come off. Never heard of or thought possible WTF is a sub doing that has the top grill molded onto the whole frame of the sub. not just a thin mesh grill but a fricken thick plastic heavy bar cover grill this thing does not fit in the sub shroud that has to be used for the back shelf and on top of that this thing has lights that blink to the music in cased in the cover grill, more wires to deal with, I don't want the lights or the grill but now stuck I got the trunk taken apart but that doesn't matter because I have to remove the top shelf from the inside to get to the sub. There are rear seat head rests to remove and a rear shade that is all directly incased in the rear shelf piece. Long story not even started yet a whole 20 hour project to just get the head rests out turned into my car not giving in and I tried everything I read hours and hours of posts threads, pictures, diagrams, videos, you tube, I used every possible source of information I have it all memorized step by step, but not for my car I did everything, everywhere, every step and ***** and pin and even made my own tools to get these fricken things to release but NO it would not open, If you you think I missed something, or try this NO your wrong I did everything possible and invented a few things to try and NO results these head rests were not coming out. This resr shelf deck thing does not come out unless the headrests are removed it's that simple the molded shelf has holes the headrests slip in and it's very nice tight fit. I gave it everything and nothing my car hates me I hate it back so I cut the rear shelf at those holes so nicely made. Box cutter and sliced that god damn thing and only caused major damage but got the shelf out and yes sunscreen was another ***** to remove as well, that as it own clips to easily break and wires that don't unplug unless you break something else that is not even part of what I'm doing. Still more to go but I have to leave it for now. I quick peak of whats next involves me cutting the cover grill off, not a good move and then try ing fit thsi sub in from the top but it don't fit, it's too big the full size sub won't fit between the glass and rear deck or in the shroud I need it to fit in. Also making 3.5 speakers fit in a 3.0 inch speaker frame. More cutting more breaking more problems and this is just the first thing I decided to do this was the easy thing to install that's why I'm installing this first. It was an easy install no problem. I have years of experience installing stereos, subs boxes, custom made for many cars and trucks I help people do these things but never for a Mercedes, never had the chance and I wish I never bought my Mercedes because it is a money pit that pukes disappointment. More later...!!! Sorry no proof reading or rewrite this is it, Ill do better next time when I cooled off a little.