Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Seicane Androind Head Unit Killed my car, saying goodbye

Hi All,
The fate of my cls500 was sealed when I decided to try to put an "Seciane" Android head unit in my car.

The company did not provide a wiring diagram and/or adequate technical support, so I installed it myself. It took weeks. In the process, somehow my airbag computer was fried which is a dealer only item and cost over $1800 to repair.

Thinking that my troubles were over, I had a continued parasitic drain and have went through 3 batteries since the android head unit. I did the usual stuff and pulled fuses, but could not isolate the problem. I also removed the radio and the problem continued.

This weekend I decided to get more information about my choices and had my car appraised as well as test drove a few cars. It turns out my car is not worth much at all, especially broken, and the repair of the car would likely approach the value of the car.

Saturday I took a look and drove a 2007 E550. Wow! It was love at first sight and I bought it the next day. I'm getting rid of the CLS this weekend.

I want to say thanks to everyone the past couple years on this forum. It has been fun. I'll be over on the w211 forum from now on.

As a final note, these Chinese android head units really are not a DIY item. They may seem like it, and there are a handful of good videos out there, but there is just TOO MUCH that can go wrong with Mercedes ELECTRICAL.

Also, save yourself some grief and do not buy a Chinese head unit and especially not for SEICANE. You'll regret it if you do.