CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Suspension Airmatic Stays Raised?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'06 CLS 500
Suspension Airmatic Stays Raised?

Went to my car this evening, started it up and it displayed "Visit Workshop", looked at the wheels, and it seems the vehicle was raised all the way up. Turning on / off the raise button didn't do anything. Turning off the car brought the car back down. Has anyone else experienced this where the vehicle remains raised when in use (even while raise button is off)? I'm used to seeing that message when one of the air struts is faulty (I've replaced all four with Arnott's)

Old 11-24-2020, 08:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Two parts come to mind level sensor & acceleration sensor. Pulling codes is best but you can start by inspecting level sensors.
Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
benbac (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 06:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'06 CLS 500
Thanks again @konigstiger I don't know where people on here would be without you!

Quick random off-topic question, and not to deter from the thread, but what scanning tool can pull these types of codes?

Considering my friends and I are constantly troubleshooting and doing basic work on our dozen cars, half of which are Mercedes, most of which are euro, perhaps it's time for us to invest in a decent scanning tool 😁. We're not going to drop money on a STAR diag (we're not a shop but we like working on our own car's). Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Old 09-28-2021, 02:20 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
X218 CLS500 4-Matic 9G-Tronic / X204 GLK250 CDI 4-Matic 7G-Tronic
I had the same long time before. It was the pressure Valve on the Airmatic compressor / pump. After changing the valve, everything worked fine.