CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

New 2010 CLS350 owner :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2021 | 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS350 2010
New 2010 CLS350 owner :-)

Hi all - just took a punt on a 2010 CLS350. FSH, 101k miles, cosmetic cat N, needs a few bits doing but got a decent price (5K) couple of questions; I am not a fan of run flats, anyone have any experience of running these on normal tyres? it is rough at lower revs, which I have put down to a very bald front right tyre; the others are all OK but I would like to change all 4.On the dash - the part above the steering wheel - it shows km/h. I have changed every setting I can find to mph but it still stays at km/h, minor nuisance but any idea? I have answered this myself the handbook says it's always kmh on UK cars, anyone know a way to change it? Just a nuisance really
ordered new battery as it's on the original, experience tells me better to do that now so ordered an appropriate varta H3 Car Battery 12V Varta Silver Dynamic Sealed Calcium 5 Yr Warranty Type 019 An error pops up, says "active light function inoperative" - any ideas? external temp was constantly at +85 degrees c, never changes? Did some digging, the temperature sensor was unplugged so plugged that in now reads external temp as it should. The fog lamp passenger side is literally a hanging bulb, no housing! So have ordered a spare one of those. Very peculiar. The motor above that makes a horrible buzzing sound which I assume is the active light function error, have unplugged it for now as it didn't sound good :-( maybe needs replacing? Any thoughts appreciated

​​​​​​ thank you all so much in advance, Jason
Old 07-09-2021 | 04:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS350 2010
update/questions

So for anyone interested, little update on the CLS
1 - the battery in the car was the wrong one - too tall, not long enough and bodged to reach the terminal - was a 10 year old merc battery though!. That's now gone and replaced with a proper sized and powered varta. Resynced steering and windows etc.
2 - the front passenger side fog light was simply hanging down loose - no housing etc - ordered a salvaged replacement but...
3 - ...thats just the start! the front drivers side has the correct xenon halogen housing etc, which has now been changed (what a bugger that was!! I gave up after 2 hours and took it to halfords, stomached the cost of their xenon and £8 fitting fee and they did it, took them a long time mind!) but the opposite side has a standard bulb! the correct housing is not there!! clearly, someone changed it for an older type. That explains why the "active light function" is broken! crazy. So I put a very bright high end bulb in there for now and ill have to try and source the correct halogen xenon. Changed all the other bulbs.
4 - Ordered 4 new tyres - F1's - non runflats - Saturday installation - ordered a used space saver. Hoping that will solve the poor/ropey/shakey handling and low rev judder - all 4 current tyres are different, and 2 of them bald.

other than that - loving the car! Not sure about the black AMG wheels, especially as one is missing the merc logo in the center (ordered a replacement set from ebay for 20)

ran my cheapo code reader on it this morning - in an effort to clear/reset the AC as it just blinks red when I press it. Nothing came up on AC (due to be re-gassed this afternoon so should tell me some more) but two errors did show - no warnings on dash etc. They were P0135 02 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1 and P0130 02 sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 1. Any ideas?