Airmatic issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS C219
Airmatic issue

Hi everyone,
I have a facelift CLS 320d and I have an issue with airmatic.
Basically every time I drive a car for more than 5 minutes, I get the airmatic fault on the display. It is just the symbol of a car and arrow. I don't have any other messages like to get to garage etc. If I clear it, it never comes back within the same ride until I restart the engine and it happens again. Everything relating to operation of airmatic suspension seems fine. Lowers fine, goes up fine. Nothing is dropping.
When I drive with windows open, I do hear something like a brief tssss sound coming from front from time to time.
When my mechanic connected the car to EBD, he got RECOVERY TIME DURING FILLING OF THE CENTRAL RESERVOIR IS TOO LONG.

My best guess would be possibly a cracked line that I understand there is no replacement, but I would need to get a 4mm diamater tube and some connectors. Could there be other causes of this? I have read in other threads of some sensors etc., but not sure what they are and where they are located. Once again apart from the message the system is working as intended and only the sound I can hear would indicate there might be a leak somewhere, but as I drive I cannot hear whether it is left or right as it always seems to be the same side I sit on.
Old 07-15-2021, 01:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Check for leaks, see attachments. Start with reservoir in trunk, then distribution valve/electrical harness /air filter @ compressor, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Check AIRmatic for leaks.pdf (356.7 KB, 38 views)
central reservoir.pdf (234.5 KB, 79 views)
trunk lining.pdf (101.9 KB, 44 views)
Compressor.pdf (346.3 KB, 54 views)