Airmatic buttons stopped working on my CLS350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS350
Airmatic buttons stopped working on my CLS350

Hi,

I needed to take out the multimedia head unit and because of that I had to unplug the wires that are connected to the gearshifter plate. I believe there are three connectors that go into the plate. After I put everything back I noticed that the airmatic and the parking sensor button do not light up and are inoperative. There is only one 4 pin wire going to the three buttons (suspension height, stiffness and parktronic button). I also noticed there are two more connectors under the three buttons, one on each side but I don’t seem to have any disconnected wires in the center console. Did I lose any wires in the process or do I need to reset the system after reinstalling the wires? It worked fine before disconnecting and replugging.

ps. I also checked and took out the airmatic fuse in the driverside fusebox. It showed airmatic malfunction when the fuse was out and the error went away when I reinstalled the fuse.
Many thanks!

Last edited by chalixon; 11-20-2022 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:20 PM

CLS350
unfortunately I still haven’t found any solution how to get the buttons working again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by chalixon
Hi,

I needed to take out the multimedia head unit and because of that I had to unplug the wires that are connected to the gearshifter plate. I believe there are three connectors that go into the plate. After I put everything back I noticed that the airmatic and the parking sensor button do not light up and are inoperative. There is only one 4 pin wire going to the three buttons (suspension height, stiffness and parktronic button). I also noticed there are two more connectors under the three buttons, one on each side but I don’t seem to have any disconnected wires in the center console. Did I lose any wires in the process or do I need to reset the system after reinstalling the wires? It worked fine before disconnecting and replugging.

ps. I also checked and took out the airmatic fuse in the driverside fusebox. It showed airmatic malfunction when the fuse was out and the error went away when I reinstalled the fuse.
Many thanks!
Old 12-07-2022, 12:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
07 Cls550
Have you checked power and ground at the 4 prone switch yet? If everything worked before you unplugging it and the fuse is good, that's where I'd start.
Did you tap into any of the wires for power or ground when you installed the radio?

​​​​
Old 12-07-2022, 01:22 AM

CLS350
thanks for the reply. I did not tap into power or ground when installing the radio and first time when I unplugged the airmatic buttons I took out the original radio and put it back. I needed to check the connections on the back of the radio. So I drove about two weeks with everything back as original without the buttons lighting up and working. Do you know how many cables should be connected to the buttons? There are two larger connectors on both sides and I didn’t see wires that connect to it. I should check power on the small 4 prone wire.

Originally Posted by Ken Keith
Have you checked power and ground at the 4 prone switch yet? If everything worked before you unplugging it and the fuse is good, that's where I'd start.
Did you tap into any of the wires for power or ground when you installed the radio?

​​​​
Old 12-09-2022, 10:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
07 Cls550
I couldn't say for sure how many wires should be connected without a schematic.
It is possible for a switch to have empty connections depending on what options the vehicle came with. Or the same switch could be used it different models.

You might be able to do an image search for the switch, see if you could find a photo with the pin outs labeled or a wiring diagram.