CLS and Bad Reviews

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:23 AM
bhr
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS and Bad Reviews

I have noticed that the CLS is getting lower ratings in the reviews i have read than i've expected. AutoCar magazine, Evo Magazine, and Top Gear reviews all in my opinion gives a negative feel of the car.
I like the CLS but these reviews give me doubts
Old 10-17-2004, 03:57 PM

Mercedes C400, BMW X3
Just not glowing

I don't think any of the reivews have been bad, just not glowing. The CLS is clearly a styling exercise for Mercedes. Whatever you like about the E55 you will like in the CLS and whatever you don't like (brakes, handling) in the E55 will be pretty much the same in the CLS.

Perhaps the automotive journalists have become jaundiced by all the AMG models.

On the other hand, maybe they are all waiting to be impressed by the new engines on the drawing board for Mercedes and AMG.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gave it a good review

Hello,

please see the link I posted to my article in the crashed CLS picture forum. It is in German, but I gave a short English summary.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'07 Carrera S, '31 A 5W hot rod, 4Runner. Sold CLK55
I tend to find that most of the earliest reviews are nothing more than a exhaustive breakdown of the cars details, not really on the driving experience. The best reviews seem to come after they have had some time to flog a car out.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Mags always give bad reviews when MB did great innovations

I still remember the angers from MB fans 10+ years ago when they found that the E class has 4 funny round headlamps and not square anymore.

I also remember lots of mags said the CLK is a lady car - does it ? - Take a look at the CLK DTM !

I guess the design of CLS gives some indication how the new gen of S and C will look. Go for it, the last ten years of glory of MB's introduction of 4 round headlamps E class style is over!

Last edited by cntlaw; 10-30-2004 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:08 AM

Mercedes S 500 2003
Smile CLS_the unique Car

In my oinion, the CLS is an individual choice and is more of a personal satement. The majoroty may not like this car or not feel this car, but for those enthusiasts like all of us the CLS is a gem and a car that can preform and looks good. The great thing about it is that its not commonon the road. Once you get in to the car, you get a whole different view of the car. The reviews in the mags sometimes tend to be biased. But an enthusiast for a certain car make w ill always be an enthusiast. Loyal to the three pointed star.