CLS 500 Gear Shift or ESP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2023 | 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 500 (2005)
CLS 500 Gear Shift or ESP

Hi guys,

have several problems on CLS 500 (2005), that are going on for several month. If you have any ideas, I would appreciate it.

So the problems started that I could not shift, it was in a limp mode, and they said it was the electronic plate on gear shift box, so they replaced it. Then the problems arose again a month ago, when sometimes it won't shift again. Now they said it was two sensors on the conductor plate, N1 something, so they changed that as well. Now it sometimes works sometimes it does not. For instance, I start the car and it won't move at all, as if I am in the neutral. Then I leave it, try tomorrow or in 2 days, it works normally. No errors, nothing. Then after a few days, won't start again, then it reports ESP not functioning. Tomorrow, it works again and for the next few weeks, no errors on display, then all over again. This is really crazy, and the Star diagnostic does not report any code that would help to decipher what it is about.
Some time I drive and after 2 hours or so I hear like the gear shift is sliding. I stop the car, turn off the engine, then turn on, and it works again. It can work for weeks no problem, but it can just malfunction next time, and it is really erratic.
They checked the ESP, it is not broken, and they say the electric plate or whatever on the gear box gets broken often, but once fixed should be working normally, except it does not.
Thank you.

Last edited by clssucks; 04-11-2023 at 03:19 PM.