W219 M272 with M014 performance package from SLK – ESP fault after coding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W126 300SE
W219 M272 with M014 performance package from SLK – ESP fault after coding

Hello everyone,

Almost six months ago we bought a CLS for my brother. The CLS had a broken engine which needed a rebuild.
I found a M272 engine online with 125.000 kilometers, which ist a lot. The biggest plus from this engine was that it is from 2009. So no balance shaft issues anymore.

Later I found out that we bought a M272 with the M014 performance package, so instead of 272ps we now have 305ps.
The SLK engine has a different intake manifold and different throttle body. So at first we had a fault on the intake manifold flaps, because the new engine doesn’t have any.

We found a SLK ECU, I managed to virginize it somewhere and I coded it with DAS myself afterwards.

The intake manifold flaps fault is gone now. But the CLS ESP module doesn’t like the SLK ECU.
We get the fault ‘Engine control module not identified or incorrect control module’.

Is it possible to code this? I have a C4 multiplexer with xentry, das, and possibly vediamo and teamviewer.
Does someone know what to do? We want to finally enjoy this car without issues and limp mode

Thanks in advance
Old 12-29-2023, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C180 KOMPRESSOR
Originally Posted by TURBO-BS
Hello everyone,

Almost six months ago we bought a CLS for my brother. The CLS had a broken engine which needed a rebuild.
I found a M272 engine online with 125.000 kilometers, which ist a lot. The biggest plus from this engine was that it is from 2009. So no balance shaft issues anymore.

Later I found out that we bought a M272 with the M014 performance package, so instead of 272ps we now have 305ps.
The SLK engine has a different intake manifold and different throttle body. So at first we had a fault on the intake manifold flaps, because the new engine doesn’t have any.

We found a SLK ECU, I managed to virginize it somewhere and I coded it with DAS myself afterwards.

The intake manifold flaps fault is gone now. But the CLS ESP module doesn’t like the SLK ECU.
We get the fault ‘Engine control module not identified or incorrect control module’.

Is it possible to code this? I have a C4 multiplexer with xentry, das, and possibly vediamo and teamviewer.
Does someone know what to do? We want to finally enjoy this car without issues and limp mode

Thanks in advance

Your cls does it have SBC or ABR, I have an e350 w211 with m272962 engine, now, I coded it through development mode as a m272 sport engine and then the car had a fault for esp because, SLK doesn't have ABR or SBC it has ESP.

You need to work out a way, I remember in coding section change the coding If you have SBC, SBC fitted yes.