CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Looking for a rear c219 windscreen.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 02:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes 2007 cls 350
Looking for a rear c219 windscreen.

Hi just wondering if they are still available, not much here in NZ. Mines covered in what looks like thousands of soap stain droplets delaminating Id say. I havent seen the wof dude yet.
Old 11-11-2023, 04:44 AM

Mercedes 2007 cls 350
Solved rear window spots

What I thought was delamination spots turns out to be some kind of chemical stains on the glass, maybe house cleaner like sodium chloride, a razor blade got some off if I wet it first. Took about an hour to do 3 square inches! Tried all sorts jif, brasso, vinegar, murratic acid , baking soda, baking powder, toothpaste. Brasso worked slightly as did baking soda I'll get some proper glass polish and a buff. Incredibly hard to get off but seems to soften with sugar water or meths, all these things probanly not the right way but watch crystal diamond polish and such is expensive. Big relief never seen anything like it in 40 years of working on cars.

Last edited by Hullow; 11-12-2023 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:17 AM

Mercedes 2007 cls 350
Removed glass spots.

Got the spots off with 7inch buffer with a fake wool pad and glass polish stuff called autoglym, it didnt work as per instructions of wiping on, letting dry then polishing. I put a blob on the screen, started the buffer on min 600 rpm then once spread a bit but still wet turned it up and it took it off nearly straight away. All diy so I did it at my own risk obviously you should get a auto glass co to do it. The spots were so bad in the right light you couldnt see through it.

Before

After
Old 11-24-2023, 07:11 AM

Mercedes 2007 cls 350
Re hard water spots.

I'd just like to add that using razor blades and scotchbrite type pads does scratch the glass.