CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Re Move rear console, seats, c pillar cover and parcel tray.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 12:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes 2007 cls 350
Re Move rear console, seats, c pillar cover and parcel tray.

Just thought I'd write this as I undid things and they stii wouldnt come out. I guess you should disconnect the battery and drain any capacitors (let tge car sit for a while). Pull up the front of the rear seat bottoms, there are two slots where you can poke in a screw driver to push a tab back two in each seat then pull up on seat fronts. Undo nut in front bottom of long draw console, remove 2 screws at the rear top of the phone compartment once you open it, that connect the front console to the rear one, then pull the lip of the rear console UP above where the 2 screws were. Theres a door on the inside of the right side of the bottle holder compartment you can open and disconnect wires once you pull out the bottle thing. Remove rear console. Undo three bolts at the base of back seat backrest then pull each end up once the bolt bars are clear of the studs and pull the top of the backrest up and toward you say a 50 degree angle. Get your fingers under the rubber in the rear door jamb on the c pillar covers forward edge and then under the cover and pull it towards the front of the car when it slides off the front clip post then pull it more towards the inside of the car for the rear post, while you need to wrench these things just be a bit careful, put the fasteners back on the cover posts to replace, both slide into the post ends on the covers. You can remove the seat belt retainer from the covers, pop the two tabs out of the cover inside, push the plastic retainer from the back out. On the OUTSIDES of the head rests in the box below them thats spotted on to the backrest framing you can get your fingers in to push down a small black lever thats next to the plastic fitting the head rest bars go into, once down wriggle the headrest back til the lever stays down. Theres another lever the same on the opposite sides of the rests, if you pop up the 2 securing plugs on the front of the parcel tray and pop off the rest bars plastic hole surrounds, you can lift up the parcel tray a bit and this allows better access to the other levers which you can get at with say a 75mm flat L shaped lever then same again wiggle the rest til it comes out. Undo 4 bolts in the boot under the parcel tray, on mine these are for the blind mechanism. Un plug wires. You have to get two aluminium brackets of the blind clear of the rubber mat under the parcel tray cover and a big cork block in the middle. Mine the blind stuff was badly damaged, third light replaced with some weird after market thing on a tin stand, parcel tray cut open, subwoofer missing. Replacing third light although its wired up to 12 volts from tail lights as sam unit faulty, rebuilt the blind set up and looking for parcel tray and sub woofer. Cls 350 amg. Just requires patience. The hood lining may come unstuck with c pillar covers off if you drive it with the windows down. You may also want to be careful not to scratch the rear console draw with the back seat back rest securing bars when removing the seat if you leave out the center bolt/nut (remove seats with console in place).

Last edited by Hullow; 02-28-2024 at 09:39 PM.