CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

P0012, p0022, charge flap cylinder 1 malfunction, historic misfires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes CLS 550 and 1999 Mercedes E320
P0012, p0022, charge flap cylinder 1 malfunction, historic misfires

Alright, so I just got this 2007 CLS 550 and it has always been able to drive and go, its behaviour is random but the one thing that has stayed is the vibration i get when revving due to the camshafts being over retarded, there is no mechanical faults, ruled out by physically checking the timing chain for slack, timing marks and reconnecting the battery after a week of disconnected, it ran absolutely perfect until the electronics resynchronized. During that resynchronization, we thought the car was completely fixed and I need help, advice, just anything on helping me chase down the electric gremlin in this car. So before I worked on it, the issue of the vibration was always there, when i worked on it for a week replacing the camshaft center bolt for oil control flow valves, since i initially thought that was the culprit to bad timing adjustment. So here’s what I have right now, a multimeter, an icarsoft mb v3.0 obd2 scanner, which is excellent for gathering plenty of data, so far, I have found a couple points of interest for electric gremlins, something keeps causing my ambient air temperature sensor to keep malfunctioning and there is a short to ground on passenger side heated mirror circuit, could those throw off the signals coming around to the ecu? I do remember periodically i come to a stop in the winter time and my headlights dim out and begins to misfire horribly till i start accelerating again. That doesn’t happen all the time, i monitored the voltages and everytime it does that after a rev the voltage dips although corrects itself afterwards and idles fine with the voltage sitting at a steady 14.12 and 14.2. No mechanical noises as expected after the previously mentioned scenarios and checkups, there is one thing i noticed, the readings i’m getting from my exhaust camshafts are off by 4 degrees whether they are actuated or not, verified this on my icarsoft scanner.

so here is what’s been done to the car by me and the previous owner since 98K with 150K miles now, all fluids been replaced, bosch alternator, agm battery diehard brand made in germany and verified the alternator and battery are currently passing the tests once again, spark plugs, ignition coils, MAF sensor, I verified the o2 sensors work through a consistent graph reading so those are doing its job too, camshaft sensors, magnets, and now the valves, new seals on the cover and the oil cooler + oil filter housing, crankshaft position sensor. Everything i buy is either from the benz dealer or fcp euro. Please do not hesitate to ask questions and any advice and help is truly appreciated by you guys! How can i track this gremlin is one of my main points, another is where are the grounding points on this chassis besides the battery ofc.