CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Cls c219 boot /trunk latch.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes 2007 cls 350
Cls c219 boot /trunk latch.

Just thought Id show detail of the lower trunk latch if the boot slams shut it could break this module. It has a motor driven pivoting arm that I guess pulls the lower latch down when the lid shuts and lifts up when it opens. The double gear in the middles lower gear had two teeth missing and the left micro switch had burnt out. There are two micro switches the large gear cam hits one for when the latch is up and other for when its down. There are three electrical pins for these and two pins for the motor all go off towards the sam area (trunk module?). I made a new gear using a boring bar as a gear cutter and replaced the micro switch. The main unit is part#A2117500184 the micro switch is a Burgees L16. My trunk would partly open then you would have to pull it up a bit then use the lid

handle to activate the opening motor.
My boot would sometimes open with either the key button or with the door one. This unit was stuck in the down/closed position but the whole unit itself was adjusted lifted up and tilted using the two torx bolts. My car had the usual but repaired broken left boot hinge wires, this problem and replaced third light when I got it so unsure of everything thats faulty.
This problem could possibly also cause the boot to leak water.

Last edited by Hullow; 03-23-2024 at 09:19 PM.