CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

CLS550 7g Transmission Dipstick location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CLS550
CLS550 7g Transmission Dipstick location?

First of all, I am not even positive which model transmission I am dealing with, but I believe it is the 722.9 7g (I have a last production model year 2011 CLS 550, a lot of places don't even recognize the first gen CLS as having a 2011 model year, so I would imagine mine was one of the very last made, causing some overlap between 2nd generation and a bit of confusion) Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

I have heard there is a sealed transmission service dipstick location somewhere in the engine bay, but I cannot seem to locate it. I am planning on scheduling a transmission fluid change soon, but I would like to diagnose a few things myself if possible, and having this service port would go a long way in helping me.

I have seen videos of this on the 5g and 7g but for different engine layouts, so I am sort of in the dark here with my CLS.

Anyone can link to a photo with the exact location? I will keep snooping around and see if I can find what I need but so far not been successful.

-- There is a dipstick directly behind the engine on the passenger side, but I am pretty confident that is an engine oil dipstick.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
maybe that power train did not have a dipstick------use your VIN and check-----you will also learn what transmission model you have
Old 04-12-2024, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CLS550
^^ It appears this is the case, sadly. On some applications of this transmission there was an engine bay service port, but not on this model. Really, Really infuriating. Great job Mercedes.
Old 04-21-2024, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C270 CDi Auto Avantgarde
Originally Posted by Dokuji
^^ It appears this is the case, sadly. On some applications of this transmission there was an engine bay service port, but not on this model. Really, Really infuriating. Great job Mercedes.
That is indeed the 722.9 gearbox. The sealed transmission service dipstick is located underneath the car below the footwell on the right hand side of the gearbox. I do not remember the spanner size. There are videos on YouTube, but I do not have the link on hand right now.