CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

CLS500 Interior color options (USA)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Views

CLS500 Interior color options (USA)

For those that have put their orders in for the CLS500, what are dealers telling you for the color options regarding charcoal.

The mini-brochure shows a charcoal interior, however I understand that charcoal is not available and that black replaces it. Is this black similar to charcoal?
Old 12-26-2004, 12:18 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope that is not true. Where did you hear of this? I've seen that interior in the small brochure. It's definitely my pick.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:51 PM
KB5

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My dealer informed me at the beginning of December when he had to finalize my order for a late Feb or early March delivery, that "Black" and not Charcoal was in the US MB order system. I ordered black. However I would have prefered the same "charcoal" as noted in the Mini Brochure.

Also, the brochure indicates the the wood in the picture was Gloss Laurel. This looks to me more like Burl Walnut. I would be very happy if my car came looking just like the interior photo in the brochure.

It would be helpful if someone could give us a definitive answer on what each of the woods really looks like.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL550
I'm assuming that the interior of the car I saw in person at Brabus was 'Black' unless the Europeans are getting 'Charcoal', as it is a European model that Brabus has on display. If it is 'Black', it didn't look any different to me than the 'Charcoal' in some friends' '04 E320 & CLK320 that I've recently been in. I chose the darker matte-finish wood, which looks like the typical Mercedes Burl Walnut wood without the glossy finish. It's much like the wood in an '03+ Range Rover or '02+ 7-Series.