Sport package front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Sport package front bumper

It seems that the designers of the CLS body did a good job with the original bumpers, but with the sport package, it really looks "grafted" on. The hood does not flow "smoothly" into the front bumper on the sport package, so there seems to be a "dent" along the line where the bumper and hood meet.

I prefer the look of the sport package front bumper below the beltline, but not how the grille is set back nor how the line is not maintained from the hood to the bumper. I also prefer the standard rear bumper because it is "softer" and again matches the car better.

These comparisons are much more apparent with one of each car parked side by side, which I was not able to see until today.

-s-
Old 12-10-2004, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Can anyone get pictures of the two?!? OR atleast of the car with the sport package??? I ordered it w/ the sport package.. I hope i dont regret it!!

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2004, 09:31 AM

SL550
Originally Posted by Griffin337
Can anyone get pictures of the two?!? OR atleast of the car with the sport package??? I ordered it w/ the sport package.. I hope i dont regret it!!

Thanks!

If you go to the post titled "my pictures of various CLS models", the (current) last pic of the dark-colored car at night appears to have the Sport front bumper. It's a little hard to tell how good it'll look in that pic, but it appears to be very similar to the E55 & SL55 bumper. I'm ordering the Sport Package as well and I know I won't regret it!
Old 12-13-2004, 12:09 PM

E55
Originally Posted by bm75204
If you go to the post titled "my pictures of various CLS models", the (current) last pic of the dark-colored car at night appears to have the Sport front bumper. It's a little hard to tell how good it'll look in that pic, but it appears to be very similar to the E55 & SL55 bumper. I'm ordering the Sport Package as well and I know I won't regret it!

THANKS!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Angry

Originally Posted by Griffin337

Thanks!
To each their own, I would say. IMO the extra contours of the sport package/AMG bumpers makes the car look a bit more agressive, although it does not have the typical "flow" of the traditional MB as scorchie says:
Attached Thumbnails Sport package front bumper-front.jpg   Sport package front bumper-rear.jpg  
Old 12-16-2004, 10:25 AM

E55
Thanks for the pics.. I finally got to see the CLS up close and personal.. The car was green with java interior. And i hate to say this.. but after looking at it.. I ordered an e55. The car was nice.. Just not what i expected.. The back entry is rather tight and the door sills where already black from people dragging their feet getting in and out.. Dont get me wrong its nice.. I just dont think i would have been happy with the car long term..

But I do like the look of the sport package!!