CLS Coupe (C257) Discuss the CLS Coupe

V1 Wired In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 01:58 PM

Received 239 Likes on 152 Posts
'19 CLS53, '19 SL550, '22 GLE53
V1 Wired In

I connected my Valentine V1 by picking up 12 volts from the outlet under the glove box on the passenger side using a "cigarette lighter - type" male plug. From there I ran the 12 volt & ground line under the plastic panel below the glove box over to the fuse box opening on the panel to the left of the passenger foot well where I installed a Valentine Direct-Wire Power Adapter which you can see in the photo of the fuse box opening.

From there I ran Valentine phone cords to the main V1 unit suction cupped to the windshield and the remote display for which iI used Velcro to attach to the ledge below the display in front of the steering wheel (slightly to the right of center to avoid hiding the Distronic Speed Display.) In the past I have run the phone cord for the main V1 inside the covering of the A pillar, but the phone cord I had was not long enough so I ran the cord over top of the seam between the A pillar covering and the roof liner as shown in the photo.

Couple of things: If your CLS has the Acoustic Comfort Package then you have an Infrared Reflective Windshield which blocks radar signals. See page 125 of your Owner's Manual. You'll need to mount the V1 in one of the 2 locations shown which do not block RF signals.

Also, I have tried Valentine's SAVVY unit on a previous CLS. It picks up power from the vehicle's Diagnostic Port but can drain the battery. I sent my early SAVVY unit back for a software upgrade which supposedly prevents this, but I decided to go the Direct-Wire route instead. Plus I did not want to have to remember to disconnect the SAVVY every time I brought my vehicle to the dealer for service.

Last edited by slk55er; 04-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.