CLS Coupe (C257) Discuss the CLS Coupe

Panamericana grill + parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 01:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
CLS 400d 4-matic AMG Line
Panamericana grill + parts

Hi everyone... If anyone could help me with a couple of part numbers for this grill I would appreciate it My car is CLS 400d 4matic 2022 facelift

Anw, a long story short I used a local dealer, to whom I got connected by a friend... I ordered and received the original AMG panamericana grill and emblem. I that is ok, I really wanted original parts, even tho they cost more. But asked that shop 3 times are there any other parts that should come with the grill, asked them to check that for me... anw, they said no. But that is not the case of course. Later I found on couple of other EU shops like Kunzmann and Mercteil and few other that they sell original grill but with other parts that needs to go along with it... like larger MB distronic base plate star and mounting/installation kit.

Anw, this local dealer is kinda refusing to give me a refund, something about they cannot return the grill to the distributor because it is an original part... anw, drama and I want to avoid it. Luckly I was able to get part number of most of the missing pieces and apart from grill and emblem, that local dealer ordered most of them.

Part numbers:
A2578851204 x1 = grill
A2578858204 x1 = towing eye cover
A2578174200 x1 = AMG emblem
A2578857504 x1 = cover trim strip
A2578857604 x1 = cover trim strip, closer to towing eye cover
A2188850059 x1 = check straps
A2578882100 x1 = camera trim
A0069900912 x3 = camera screws
A2578882300 x1 = camera bracket
A2138853206 x1 = distronic plate holder
A0008880500 x1 = distronic plate MB star

But apparently, I'm missing two air ducts and a dummy camera. EU shop that was kind enough to give me the list of part numbers told me I don't need dummy camera and air ducts but the detailer who is personalizing my car and is doing much more than just a grill replacement, told me to get that dummy camera part at least, he needs to cover some hole with it....

That part is rather confusing to me... even tho he did explain to me that even though this grill does fit my car, whoever installs it needs to cut to the bumper a bit in order for the camera to fit because the AMG grill has the camera a bit to the side. The image attached shows the current cut in the bumper for my camera which is right above the MB star... apparently that hole needs to be "moved" to the right for this grill. Ok all that, but just to be sure I contacted multiple shops including Kunzmann and Mercteil, every shop I could find that is selling this original grill with all other pieces, was provided with my VIN number and they all said it fits my car. No one said anything about cutting the bumper... I mean, I'm ok with that, it is in the area that is not visible.

The part that confuses me is why he is insisting on getting a dummy camera part... if anyone has some more input on this, past experience, or could help me find where to put those 3 missing pieces to have the complete set... I would appreciate it a lot.

I know I can ask official MB dealership, but it takes days to get a response back. I need to get this guy who sold me the grill to order missing pieces asap, and he is not to eager for find them him self.

New AMG grill on top of my old one:

The hole in the bumper that my detailer was referring to:

What I have/ordered so far, missing 3 pieces, cannot find part numbers for them;