Collectibles, Models and Literature Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-Benz related topics on collectibles, models and literature.

Diecast model of 1967 220S "Fintail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holden Gemini
Diecast model of 1967 220S "Fintail

Hi there,
I have been trying everywhere to get a diecast model of a 1967 220S fintail and have failed at it miserably because no where manufacturers them! So i was wondering if anyone on here would by any chance know if i can get one with an off-white paint job, standard headlights (not the american headlights), and a black interior. I am from Australia but will buy from overseas. Any information will be of great help.
Cheers.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
220SEb; CLK55 AMG
I bought 2 genuine licenced models through my local Mercedes dealer (your going to hate me, but one in black and one in off white). Not a cheap excercise, I think from memory the two models cost around $140 ea. I got the second one a little cheaper because it's display case had a small crack in it. Minimax is the brand on the package if your interested in having a look.
The two I have are 1:43 scale and have EXCELLENT detail. All chrome from the 300SE is fitted on the models, I especially like the tiny little hood ornament and detail on the taillights, badges etc.